I Need The Truth

"What?" I ask, my voice shaky.

My practical sister is in love with my husband.

I never thought I'd say that.

Bonnie is on the edge of tears while I have tears running down my cheeks out of anger.

"I was going to tell you sooner-" Bonnie starts, but I don't let her finish.

"Then why didn't you? You know, you're a real bitch, Bonnie." I whisper.

"I can't control my feelings." She replies weakly.

"I'm aware, but you could've told me sooner. And it's not like anything can happen between you two. I'm his wife, and he's my husband. I think it would be better if you stayed away from us for a while." I recommend, trying to keep my voice from cracking. Bonnie breaks down, sobbing.

"I didn't mean to hurt you or Kai, Elle." She whispers.

"Yeah, well you did." I whisper back, turning around and leaving the room, slamming the door shut.

I run down the stairs, seeing as everyone comes out of the living room. Kai's smile drops as he sees that I'm crying. I stop right in front of him.

"Woah, hey, what's wrong, angel?" He asks, moving the hair out of my face and wiping the tears off my cheeks.

"Bonnie's in love with you, Kai." My voice breaks.

I see Kai's surprised face for a second before he's pulling me to his chest. He leans his head down.

"I'll be right back, okay?" He whispers.

I nod, and he takes his arms away from me, letting Damon take over the hug. I see him walk towards the stairs.

"It will only take a second. I'll be right back." He whispers before running up the stairs.

KAI'S POV

I make it to Bonnie's door, just barely raising my fist to knock on it. I'm sure she couldn't care less if I barged in, though.

"Come in." Her voice cracks. I open the door, trying to keep my face set hard.

"Kai?" She asks as if for reassurance. Her voice is soft now almost as if I just made her day by walking in.

"Cut the bullshit, Bonnie," I state. "Do you know what you just did to Elle?"

"All I did was tell her that I liked you. How could that affect her? And she just left the room, how did she have any time to tell you how it made her feel?" She asks. I take a step closer towards her, trying to hold myself back from slapping her.

"It doesn't matter whether it was about me or not because she's supposed to be able to trust you, Bonnie. You guys are practically sisters. You broke that bond, and I'm pretty sure you broke it for good," I whisper. "And as for the 'how do you know how it made her feel' thing? she's my wife. I'm pretty sure you were at the alter when Damon married us, right, Bon?"

Bonnie's face is cold. I'm not playing nice.

"You hurt Elle. And I hope knowing that hurts you. Because what you did was a total bitch move. I hope you're breaking down inside knowing what you did. Because this doesn't have anything to do with me anymore, Bonnie," I state. "It has everything to do with how you betrayed your sister. Hope you're happy. Because you don't get either of us."