Epilogue One

6 months later

I hear Kai snoring next to me as I open my eyes.

I can't even tell what time it is.

We stayed up late last night watching movies, and to be honest, that's all we've been doing these last few months. I'm not complaining, though. It's been the best months of my life.

Aside from our wedding, of course.

I think we've only been doing that and baking these past few months because Kai wants a distraction for me and himself. Bonnie's still gone, and she hasn't contacted any of us that I know of. Me and Kai don't really talk about the situation anymore, mostly because we don't want to, and there's no reason to. We settled that a while ago- there's no reason to dwell on it.

I turn onto my side, now facing Kai. I can tell that he's dreaming from his movements. His eyebrows are furrowed, his mouth keeps opening slightly, and he keeps making small movements. I hope he's having a good dream.

Wait.

I think I can figure that out.

I place my hands on the sides of his head and close my eyes.

"Ostende Mihi Faciem Tuam Cogitationes." I whisper.

But just as an image starts to show, I feel Kai's hands around my wrists, pulling my hands down.
My eyes immediately open, and I'm slightly worried that I've invaded his privacy.

But that thought vanishes when Kai lets go of my wrists and slides one of his hands down to my ass. I shake my head with a small laugh as Kai smirks at me.

Well, now I think I might have an idea of what that dream was about.

"Trying to get in my head?" He asks in a whisper.

"You were dreaming, I was trying to see what it was about." I reply with a small smile.

"Oh, angel, I could just show you," He states. "I know you're more of a visual learner."

"Am I? Or do you just want me to be for your sake?" I ask. Kai pouts.

"C'mon, quit being such a fun-ruiner." He whines. I grasp his cheeks, moving my face closer to his.

"I don't think that's a word." I whisper.

Kai turns us around before I can say a word. He's on top of me with one of his hands gripping the side of my neck. He leans down towards my lips, barely brushing his against mine.

"I said quit." He whispers back.

He pulls back, raising his eyebrows as if in reassurance, and I nod in response. He takes his hand away from my throat and lightly places it on my chest.

Right over my heart.

"You know this is my favorite sound." He whispers.

"What?" I ask.

"Your heartbeat." He replies in a whisper. I look at him in confusion.