Just the Two of Us

Waking up with Kai's arms wrapped around me is something I'll never get used to. He was still snoring when I opened my eyes. I carefully unwrapped his arms and went downstairs.

Surprisingly, no one was down there.

More quiet for me.

I went down to the kitchen, in hope for some food. Like always.

"Surprise!" Voices scream out, jumping out from behind the counters and the table. I scream.

"What the fuck? You scared the shit out of me!" I shout with my hand over my chest. I nearly had a heart attack.

At the ripe age of 21.

"Oh, don't be so dramatic." Bonnie rolls her eyes. "We have something for you."

They all give me a smile, and I look at them confused.

What kind of Pennywise bullshit is this?

Caroline walks up to me slowly, but she still has a smile on her face.

"We need you to close your eyes." She whispers. I look at her in confusion, but she gives me a serious look. I oblige and clamp my eyes shut. Even with my eyes shut, I can see the room get darker, and I hear shuffling.

"You can open your eyes, E." Bonnie states. I smile.

E. It was an infamous nickname Bonnie had always called me when we were younger. I'm surprised she remembers after all these years.

I open my eyes, glancing around and adjusting to my surroundings. Everyone is still in their places they were in before I closed my eyes. There's one exception, though.

Kai is standing in front of me with a big smile on his face and a small pink gift bag in his hands. He pushes his hands out, indicating for me to take it. I do. I raise my brows in confusion and try to peak in the bag.

"Open it." Kai whispers with a giggle. I rip out the tissue paper, throwing it on the ground. When I look into the bag, I get even more confused.

It's two keys.

They each have two keychains attached on them. Matching 1994 chains and the other two make my heart melt. One has an E engraved on it, and one has a K.

I pick up the one with the E on it. I have an idea of what these are for, but I still need reassurance.

And I need to hear those words coming out of Kai's mouth.

"What are these for?" I ask. Kai reaches in the bag and grabs the other key and takes my hand.

"They're for us. For our new place." He smiles at me. I can hear a few giggles in the back as my eyes begin to water.

Don't cry. Don't cry.

"You got us a house?" I ask, moving my hands to his cheeks. His face drops a little bit.

"Well- I got us an apartment. I know it's not as good, but it's our own place and-" I cut him off by kissing him. I can feel his smile against my lips.

"You're not upset...?" He asks, pulling away.

"Of course not. I could live in a trash can with you and be happy. I just want to be with you." I whisper.

"I love you." He whispers to me.

"I love you, too." I reply, wrapping my arms around his neck. He puts his hands on my waist. He kisses me again but more roughly this time.

"Okay, okay we get it." Damon says in annoyance as Jeremy makes fake gagging noises. I laugh and look around at all my friends.

My family.