You Make Me Happy

The one where we say goodbye.

5 years later

I open my eyes, looking down to see Kai quite literally laying on top of me.

That's why I couldn't move all night.

I try to unwrap his arms from around my body and nudge him over a little bit, but it doesn't work. It's like he's glued to my body. I move my hips, hoping he might wake up, but all he does is move farther up my body. He now has his head laying on my chest. How convenient.

I actually do know just how to get him up.

"Happy ten years, Malachai Parker." I whisper as I lean my mouth towards his ear. He immediately lifts his head, looking at me.

"You just had to call me by my full name." He whispers, a smile creeping onto his face. I grab his cheeks, pulling him closer towards me.

"I always do." I reply before pressing my lips to his. He quickly takes control of the kiss, letting his hand run up my body as he pushes his lips onto mine. He pushes his hips onto mine, and I can feel the effect that I had on him.

I have no idea why me calling him by his full name turns him on so much.

His hand comes up to my throat, his fingers wrapping around my neck. It's like he's trying to pull me even closer than I already am. He eventually pulls his lips away from mine, immediately looking into my eyes.

"How about I make you some breakfast, hm?" He asks as his fingers continue to stay possessively wrapped around my neck. I trail my hand up to place it over Kai's hand that's wrapped around me.

"Or we could stay here all day. I think I have some things that we would both be very interested in." I whisper, smirking as Kai mutters out a fuck under his breath.

"I'd love to, princess, but you need to eat first. Can't have you getting all hungry when I'm trying to make you come." He states. My eyes widen a little at his bluntness, but I've gotten used to it over the years.

Kai lets go of my throat, giving me a quick kiss before he leaves the bedroom to go to our kitchen.

God, he's hot.

I let my mind wander for a while, only being brought back when I see Kai walk in, bouncing lightly on his toes while he balances a tray in his hands. He sits next to me on the bed, buzzing his head into my side until I wrap my arm around him.

"Have you let Drift outside yet?" I ask, looking up towards Kai. His eyes widen, and he immediately gets up, running out of our bedroom. I laugh in response.

We got Drift almost two years ago, and he's by far the cutest dog I have ever met. Kai was actually the one who put the idea of getting a dog out there, and I was beyond surprised when he first said it. He's gotten so attached to that dog, too.

Kai loves him like he's his child. It makes my heart ache.

I hear Kai's steps coming closer before he comes back into the room, jumping on the bed.

"Sometimes I think you love that dog more than me." I joke as Kai pulls me onto his chest. Kai cups my cheeks, tilting my face up so I can look at him.