Are We Normal Yet?

I wake up, turning around immediately.

But the spot next to me is empty.

I groan, sitting up. I will myself out of bed, walking to the kitchen. I stop myself from continuing on when I see Kai on the phone. I shuffle behind the wall, hiding myself from sight.

Yes, I am listening to his conversation.

"She what?" Kai asks, stopping dead in his tracks and slowly turning towards the direction of our bedroom. I quickly push myself back against the wall. I look back after a few seconds to see Kai pacing again.

"Yeah, I'll tell her. Thank you." Kai states with a hint of gloominess in his voice.

He sets his phone on the counter and rubs his eyes. I come out from behind the wall, walking in front of the counter.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask in a whisper. Kai's hands fall from his face and he looks at me.

"How much did you hear?" He asks, a sly smile on his face.

"Not enough to know what it was about. How did you know I was listening?" I ask as his arm extends towards me, pulling me closer to him.

"I know everything about you. You're nosy. Hell, you could've at least tried to hide better. I saw your arm sticking out from behind the wall." Kai admits. I laugh in response.

"Why didn't you come find me?" I ask. Kai's hand falls to my ass as he pushes his hips against mine.

"Too easy. And I don't like easy." He replies. I trace patterns on his chest with my fingers.

"So if I just started running, you'd chase me?" I ask.

"I would. I like the thrill." He whispers in response.

"Then come and find me." I whisper back as I push his hands off of me and back away slowly. Kai chuckles under his breath.

"You've got a ten second head start," He states. "One, two, three..."

That's all I hear before I'm running down the hallway.

You know, I didn't think this would actually turn into a hide-and-seek game.

I quietly shut the door of our bedroom as I enter it, slowly walking to our closets.

"Ten!" I hear Kai call out. I move some of our clothes and boxes to hide.

Now that I think about it, this is incredibly stupid. But it's also a tad bit of fun.

I cover my mouth with my hand as soon as I'm hidden well. When I played this game as a kid, I always lost immediately because I always would start manically laughing.

Or maybe it was nervous laughter.

I'm not sure.

I hear the bedroom door open, and I bite my lip to try and stop myself from making any noise.

"Elle, where are you?" Kai asks, dragging out each word, and I can hear the smirk on his face.

I try to slow down my breathing, not wanting to make any noise at all. I move my foot to get more comfortable, but I accidentally hit a box in our closet.

Damn it.

"Oh, I know where you are." Kai whispers. The closet door suddenly opens, and I squeeze my eyes shut.

"Even if you didn't make that noise, I would've found you regardless. I can hear your heart beating and your blood pumping." Kai states as I see his feet stop in front of me.