The Difference Between Them

ELLE'S POV

I pull away from Kai.

Yeah, we just made out in front of my entire family.

"Kai," I whisper. "This is my family."

I gesture towards everyone with a weak hand motion. That whole spell made me physically and emotionally tired. I had to bring back Kol, Finn, and our mother. We decided against bringing our father, Mikael, back because him and Klaus can't seem to stop wanting to kill each other.

They have a great way of bonding.

"Everyone, this is my husband, Malachai Parker." I greet. Kai glares at me before he's shaking hands. I introduce everyone, and Kol and Kai seem to hit it off.

I guess the whole sociopath storyline fits together.

"It's nice to meet you all. And I go by Kai." He says, glancing over to me. I just smirk at him.

I definitely know what I'm doing.

"If you hurt her, I will kill you." Klaus smiles at Kai.

"Considering we're married, I wasn't planning to." Kai responds.

"Yeah, I definitely won't be afraid to kick your ass either." Rebekah adds.

"I don't think you guys will have to worry about killing him, trust me. If he hurt me, I'd hurt him back." I state, and Kai raises his eyebrows slightly.

"Okay, enough about hurting each other," Our mom speaks up. "Clara, I wanted to talk to you."

Klaus nudges her arm.

"She goes by Elle now." He whispers.

"Oh." She mumbles.

"You can call me either. I'll answer to both." I state.

"We were all wondering if you'd like to stay for a while," She says, ignoring my previous statement. "Malachai is welcome to stay as well."

Kai tenses up.

Oh, he's going to beat my ass later for telling them his name.

"Mom, that's wonderful. I'd love to, but me and Kai will have to talk about it first if that's okay with you." I reply.

"Of course, no rush. I just want us all together." She remarks. I nod.

"We're going to go talk to some of my friends, we'll be back in a little bit." I say. She smiles at me. I grab Kai's hand and head towards the doors.

"If it makes you feel any better, Klaus' full name is Niklaus." I whisper, and Kai chuckles.

"I heard that, Noelle!" Klaus yells from behind us. I turn around.

"That was my intention!" I reply. He rolls his eyes while Rebekah giggles. Kai opens the doors for me, leading me out, and then closing them behind us.

And then he pins me against the wall right next to the doors.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Kai asks in a whisper.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I reply with a fake pout.

"You called me Malachai in front of everyone. Several times. You know what that does to me, angel." He whispers.

"Aw, does it get you all frustrated, baby?" I ask. Kai's hand travels down to the hem of the leggings Rebekah let me borrow.

"You want to tease me, I can tease you right back." Kai whispers. I swat his hand.