Hell On Earth

I've taken home a few books from Damon and Stefan's house, hoping to find out more information. I feel like this has been going on forever.

I really should just go visit my mom.

I'm sitting at the table with about five books opened in front of me. There's not a lot of information on my kind of siphoner, but I didn't expect to find much. I sigh, flipping pages.

"Find anything?" Kai asks, sitting next to me.

"No, of course not. I need to figure all this out, though." I reply.

"Why don't you call your mom?" He asks.

"I need to, it's just..." I stop.

"What? Is there something wrong with her?" Kai jokes.

"It's more like what's not wrong with her." I explain. Kai nods, taking a sip of his coffee.

"I understand. You still need to call her, though." He says, standing up. I shut the book I was looking at.

"I know." I groan. Kai kisses my cheek.

"You'll be fine." He reassures. My phone starts to ring, making pick it up and stand up when I see the ID.

"That's weird-" I state, and Kai turns around. "It's my mom."

"Mom, hey." I say, my voice shaky.

"Elle, honey, I've missed you. I haven't seen you in forever." Her soft voice greets. When I was younger, my mom always had me in constant whiplash. She would change from this angel to a devil in seconds.

"I know, I know. Speaking of that, I was wondering if I could come over sometime soon? Just to catch up on some things." I state.

"Of course! That's just what I wanted to ask you. Is tomorrow okay?" She asks.

She seems awfully excited for a mother who hates her daughter.

"Sure, I can be there around noon." I reply, looking at the calendar.

I had nothing going on anyway.

"Okay, see you soon. I love you, Elle!" She says.

"I lo-" My words are cut off when I hear the beep.

Wow. She obviously had somewhere to be.

Kai is standing in the kitchen, putting his cup in the dishwasher.

"I guess I'm going to my mom's tomorrow." I state, rubbing my eyes.

"I guess we're going to your mom's tomorrow." Kai corrects, putting his hands on my waist. I shake my head.

"You really don't have to do that, Kai. Like I told you before, she's a little weird." I say truthfully. Kai smiles.

"Wherever you go, I go." He replies, making me smile. He kisses me, pushing me against the counter.

"Bonnie is gonna think she's second place." Kai says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Didn't you tell her you would take her with you, not me?" Kai asks. I nod slowly.

"Well, I want to take you," I respond. "Can we stop at Damon and Stefan's house, though? Bonnie is probably there with everyone else, and I want to tell her what I'll be doing."

"Of course." Kai replies before he tilts my chin up and kisses me again, pushing me further back against the counter. I run my hands down his chest to his stomach, stopping right above his sweatpants. I have to find the strength to pull away.