Chapter 32: Is it true?

"Max, I can't sing these, they are about getting wasted and one night stands! These are not songs I want to sing!" I protest.

It has been three months since the group went back to Chicago, and I have been getting more popular. Right now my album is number one on the charts. I have been doing an online school and I am only about a month away from graduating. Life has been good here, but now I am faced with a problem.

Max has insisted that I have a personal song writer, and now all the songs they want me to sing are completely inappropriate.

"Tris, this is business, you signed a contract! You have to sing what the writers make for you. And besides, this is what is popular." Max says.

"Do you think I care about what is popular? I'm not like the rest of the world! This is honestly ridiculous." I insist.

"Tris, I think you need a good night's sleep before we start. Don't worry tomorrow morning you'll wake up, and be ready to record. Be here tomorrow at 10:00. We've gotta get these songs recorded, you will be performing a few of them in two weeks." He says. I roll my eyes and leave the studio.

I decide to head over to Caleb's house. I knock on the door and walk in. To find a pacing Cara on the phone. "Cara, what's wrong, and by the way you look gorgeous." I say. "Tris! I need a huge favor. Could you watch Samantha? Caleb and I have a date and he is already at the restaurant?" She begs.

"Of course Cara! Anything for you! Go on, I'll watch her. I'm gonna take her back to my place." I tell her.
"Thank you Tris you are a life saver!" She exclaims grabbing her keys and running out the door.

"Aunt Bea!" Samantha screams running towards me. I kneel down on my knees as she jumps into my arms.
"Hey Sam! Guess what?!" I ask her enthusiastically. "What?" She asks excited. "You and I are gonna hang out tonight!" I say. She gasps. "REALLY?!" I smile and say "Really!"
"YAY!" She exclaims jumping up and down.

VvV

"Can we get ice cream Aunt Bea?" She begs with adorable puppy dog eyes. I swear those eyes are my kryptonite.
"Okay, we will go get some frozen yogurt." I give in and she cheers.

I find a frozen yogurt shop and park. I put a hoodie and sunglasses on and we walk in. "Okay go choose your flavors and put your toppings on."
She runs over to the cups to put her fro yo in and gets the largest one there and fills it with at least six flavors. She then goes to the toppings and puts every single roping there is in there. I bite my tongue. I might be rich, but this is going to expensive. I grab my own small cup and fill it up with vanilla and put a few pieces of cookie dough. We go to way them and when I see the price I almost have a heart attack. $32.41. I pay for it then we leave.

VvV

We get to my pent house and Sam hands me her frozen yogurt. "I'm done Aunt Bea." I look in the cup and not even a quarter of it is gone. I sigh and put it in the freezer, this might come in handy.

"Aunt Bea, could we play connect four?" Samantha asks. "Sure!" I say and grab the game that sits on my coffee table. She plays the red and I play the yellow, because she insists that red is the winning color.

As she slides a token down a slot, she asks "Aunt Bea, where is Uncle Toby?"
Sam and Tobias love each other, so she always calls him uncle, even though we aren't married. He also let her in on his real name, she is good at keeping secrets.

"Uh, Sam, Uncle Toby had to go back to Chicago to finish school. That's why you haven't seen him lately." I explain to her. "Do you love each other?" She asks concentrated on her game.
"Of course we do Sam. Why?" I ask.

"Well, he's going to ask you to marry him." She says still focusing her attention on the game. I just sit there dumb-founded. "Sam, where did you hear that?" I ask her. She then looks up at me. "I heard Uncle Toby ask Daddy if he could, then Daddy said yes." She says as if it were obvious.
"Samantha, do they know you heard them?" I ask in shock. "No." She answers.
"Sam, let's let this be our little secret, okay?" I ask making it clear that she can't tell anybody.
"Okay." She replies.

I lean back against the legs of the couch and feel a shiver trickle down my back and my ears warming.
She said Tobias is going to ask me to marry him.

Is it true?

Hey initiates! Woah! Samantha just shared a BIG secret with Tris, but is it true, or is she bluffing?
MWAHAHAHAH!
This chapter was posted at 10:46 ;)

I've got all your feels in my hand!

QOTD: What team were you rooting for while watching the super bowl?

My answer: I go for the Cowboys, but since the other team cheated, they didn't play, I went for the losing team. Of course! Lol

Remember to be eaton that cake!