Chapter 8: Within the blink of an eye

Tris pov:

The next day at school is boring until lunch.

I walk to our table and sit In-between Tobias and Christina. I grab his hand and he smiles asking "why are you so happy today?"

" I just am." I shrug and give him a kiss on the cheek. Then Christina squeals
" when did this happen?" I roll my eyes and say "we aren't dating."

They give a confused look. Then Zeke says " so let me get this straight, the both of you admitted you like each other, you hold hands, go on dates together, and kiss each other. Isn't that the definition of dating?"

" We only give each other friendly kisses on the cheek. And no we don't go on dates, just out to eat with each other." I say. " Bu-" he starts to say.
"No buts!" I say. Uriah snickers.
"What?" I ask.
"You said Butts" he says.
" How old are you again?" I ask him.
"I'm 16!" He says frowning.
"I'm Four!" Tobias says.
" Your not helping the situation!" I tell him. He just laughs " Sorry babe." He says smirking. " Don't call me that!" I say. "okay babe." he says.
"Your pushing it." I say and he shuts up.

I eat my meal and get up to go to the bathroom. I get back and they all ask
"Where were you?"
"I was in the bathroom." I say.
Sad looks are on their faces.

"What?" I ask.
" You don't need to throw up your food Tris. You are skinnier than you think." Marlene says.

"What? Oh... I wasn't I was just going to the bathroom." I say laughing.
" I'm not doing that anymore. I promise." They just nod and we go to our next classes.

**************************************************************************

After school Four and I drive to the Pit together. We walk in and I go to the punching bags and he does also. I punch and kick at it as it swings back and forth.

As I punching it, my phone starts ringing. I answer it and walk away from the Four and the punching bags so that I can hear.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hi, is this Beatrice Prior? " A voice I don't recognize asks.

"Yes." I reply.

" Well I have some bad news, your Mother and Father were in a plane crash and were killed. I am very sorry. You may stay in your house and you can pay the bills I assume, considering your family is very wealthy. We will drop off the ashes of what we think is from their bodies at the funeral home in the old chapel. I am very sorry for your loss." With that the line is cut off and I am just standing here.

Tears are coming in 3, 2, 1- I start bawling and collapse to the ground. I am sure everyone in the pit is staring.

I feel strong arms wrap around me and carry me out of the Pit. Four. He carries to his car.

We walk in my house and I am still crying. I slide down the wall with my head in my knees. Tobias sits next to me and pulls me into his lap. I cry into his chest.

I finally run out of tears and say
" I got a call in the pit and my mom and dad were in a plane crash and died. I have no more family" I say.

" Hey, I will be your family now." he says. I just stare into his eyes and kiss him on the cheek.

" They dropped off their ashes at the chapel. We can go there tomorrow and bury them. I will go call my relatives. You should go home. Thank you Tobias." I give him another kiss on the cheek and I walk up to my room to make calls. This just proves that within the blink of an eye,

You can lose everything.

Hey initiates! I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Even if it was kind of depressing!

I decided I would update, 3 days in a row, because tomorrow is my birthday!!! So that means you will get another chapter tomorrow! And you will also get another chapter for
'The Initiation'

Remember to be eaton that cake!