Chapter 26: There is no guarantee

Tobias pov:

( start playing 'When I look at you')

"Where is Tris? What happened?" Caleb asks me.

"She's in her room. She ran out of the studio crying-" I say but Caleb stops me and asks "I don't care what she did, why did she start crying?" He asks quickly. "Well she was recording a song called safe and sound-" I start.

"Crap!" He sprints to Tris's room and slams the door shut, but before the door shuts, I can see and hear Tris laying on her pillow sobbing.

Tris pov:

(When Tris cries on her bed, imagine her like the scene in TFIOS, with long hair.)

I am sobbing loudly into my pillow when I hear the door slam shut. I look back and see Caleb running up to my bed. He kneels down beside my face and grabs my hand. As I my body shakes Caleb watches me with tears in his eyes. I pull him into me. I squeeze him tight probably hurting him badly, but he doesn't say anything.

I start to hear him taking deep breathes trying to hold back, but I just give him a squeeze and he lets it out. His body start shaking in my arms. I get on my knees and pull him up onto the bed.

We fall into each others arms and cry into each other. I push my head into his neck and cry. We sit there for a long time just like that, our bodies wracking.

He pulls back and says "Beatrice, why would you sing that song? You know you can never sing it without this happening." He asks tears still pouring down. "I thought I could do it, I really did." I cry.

"Bea, now that you did this, you can't just not tell your friends. They are really worried about you." I take a deep breath and nod.

I stand up and Caleb wraps an arm around my shoulder. He walks me out the bedroom door, I look down and walk out.

"'Tris are you okay?" They ask as they gather around me. I nod my head and take a deep breath, before saying "sit down, I need to tell you guys something." They give me sympathetic looks before sitting on the couches. I pull up a stool in front of the couches and Caleb sits on my mini stage.

I look at Caleb and he nods telling me to tell them.

"Tris? What's going on?" Chris asks me confused.

I take a deep breath. As tears spill over and onto my cheeks, I say something a haven't said in 8 years.

"I had a sister." I squeeze my eyes shut as the last word comes out of my mouth.

I take a deep breath and say "Her name was Prim. She was five, I was eight, Caleb was eleven. She was my best friend. She always had nightmares we were at war. She was special, she saw things other people didn't. I was the one that was always there to keep her safe. I fought the nightmares away. She really did believe everything in her dreams.

One day, we went exploring" I pause for a moment and my rub face with my hands, then continue. "we were going up a steep path, only, it wasn't a path. I was about to go up first, but she jumped in front of

me screaming to stop. It turns out, it was the very top, and I would've fallen off a cliff if I took another step. She fell for me. She died right there in front of my eyes. She saved me!" I cry.

I see Caleb hunched over crying.

I fall to my knees as my body wracks.

I feel strong arms wrap around me. Tobias pulls me onto his lap and holds me tight as I cry into his chest.

"Tris!" Christina sobs. She comes and pulls me out of Tobias's arms into a standing position as she pulls me into a hug. I cry hard into her as inhuman sounds escape my mouth.

Uriah then pulls me into him.

Then Marlene takes me into her arms.

Then Zeke. Next Shauna, after her Will hugs me. Lastly, Caleb pulls me into his arms as we both cry and cry and cry.

I once heard someone say,

Don't be ashamed to weep; 'tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us.

When will it comfort me?

Hey initiates wow! Sad chapter! Things will get better though. And yes I named her sister Prim, just imagine her as a five year old version of prim in the hunger games.

QOTD: Favorite ship out of any book?

My answer: FOURTRIS!

Remember to be eaton that cake!