Chapter 27:To sign or not to sign

Tris pov:

"What do you mean they got pictures of me?" I ask Max, frustrated with all of the vague answers I've been receiving.

"Tris, when you ran out yesterday, paparazzi got pictures of you walking barefoot, with no makeup, around the woods. It's online, in magazines everywhere, now the whole world wants to know what you were doing." Max says sounding just as frustrated as I feel. I can't blame him though, I'm causing drama that's not needed, and now we don't know how to solve it.

"Well what are we going to do about it?" I ask not wanting to continue this conversation.

"Well I've thought it over, and I suggest we make a music video." He says.

"A music video?" I ask.

"Well, it would make since. We could tell the press that you were searching around for a place we could make the video, so you went out there, in costume, and after testing it out, you decided that was where you would film." Max says.

"Okay that sounds good- wait, what song would the video be for?" I ask nervously.

He sighs and looks down and mumbles "I was hoping you wouldn't ask me that until after you signed the contract."

"Max what's the song!" I ask annoyed he won't just man up and tell me.

"Safe and sound." He says.

I don't know what kind of response they were expecting, but all I know is that my friends bursted into a rage towards Max, telling him how stupid of an idea it was and that I obviously shouldn't do that, after the events of last night. As I block out the noise around me, I look down at the contract that sits in front of me. I can't help it when I pick up the pen, sign my signature and walk out of the room, unnoticed and to the recording booth, where I am not surprised to see the Civil Wars waiting. They look up as I enter the booth and say "Tris! You decided to re-record." I simply smile and nod and we quickly begin the song.

"I can do this." I think to myself. I close my eyes as I start singing.

I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said, "I'll never let you go"

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window, darling,

Everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold on to this lullaby

Even when music's gone

Gone

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light