Chapter 36: Jewel thief

Tris pov:

Oh my gosh. Jewel thief?

"OH MY GOD!" Jessie screams. "I'm calling the police. Check on the man!"

I nod my head and run over to help aid the man. "I think he had a heart attack!" I yell at Jessie as he speaks to the police. "Yes. We think he had a heart attack! We are at 1408 volva drive! Hurry!" Jessie says as he ends the call. "God! What do we do? They are going to take forever and he could die before then!" I shout. Just as I finish saying this, I hear the wail of sirens and look up to see police cars speeding up to the house, followed by an ambulance and a fire truck. How could they have gotten here so quickly?

Neighbors starts flooding out of their homes watching what is happening. A few of them even come up to me asking how I could do such a terrible thing the the poor old man. My breathing starts to pick up as they pull out their phones, snapping pictures and videoing. "Hey you're that famous singer!" One man says. He appears to be in his late twenties and is dressed in ragged clothes.

The medical crew puts the man on a stretcher quickly and transports him to the ambulance. "Well this man definitely had a heart attack and you both saw it, so I need to know what happened." A police officer said looking down at his clip board, prepared to take notes.

My breathes are shaky as I hold back tears and try to hide my face from the people taking pictures and videoing.
"I am- I'm Tris Prior and we were practicing for a new TV show where we go door to door and video taping people's reactions to seeing me, because I am famous. The director of the show wanted to practice it without the cameras here, so the director isn't here, but his assistant Jessie is. This is him." I say gesturing to Jessie who stands next to me.

"So what your saying happened, is this man had a heart attack from seeing you because you're famous?" The police officer asks.

Tears now start flowing down my cheeks steadily. "N- no. My designer, Monica, put this necklace on me." I say placing my hand on my collarbone, where the necklace is. "She said she wanted me to have it and said it wasn't real. Bu- but the man at the door, opened the door and got scared for his life and the last thing he said before going unconscious is that I'm the jewel thief." I choke out.

The officer now looks up with widened eyes staring at the necklace. He pulls out his taser and shouts for back up. "Take the necklace off now and give it to me." I cry doing as he says and hand it to him. "I swear I've been framed!" I cry as they take the necklace and lock it up.

Then out of nowhere, Jessie speaks up.
"As the directors assistant, I can say right now, that nobody by the name of Monica works for us." That's when I lose it. " NO! You're lying! Right before we walked up to the house, You said Monica and you were good friends! You're a liar!" I scream as they hold me back from attacking him. "Hey Trisha smile at the camera!" The same poorly dressed man shouts as I struggle to escape from their tight grip.

"Please calm down! Take a breather for a minuet. Go stand over there to cool off Miss.Prior." The officer says releasing me. I take a deep breath and go stand by the edge of the house as the police keep careful eyes on me.

The man dressed in old clothes, somehow got passed security. He comes over to me and says "Do you know what they do to pretty girls like you jail?" I look at him in disgust and discomfort. He nods his head with a creepy look in his eyes, as he makes random tongue movements. The security guards run over to him and drag him away from me. I shake my head and rub my eyes, catching tears that fall. All I know right now is I want Tobias to be here and comfort me right now.

Suddenly I hear quiet speaking and look around the corner quietly, trying not to draw any attention. "Monica, yes! It worked! Now they all think that Tris is the jewel thief! We have a clean slate! We need to get out of the state fast though!" I hear Jessie say on the phone. I knew it!

I sprint back over to the police. "It's Jessie! He's on the phone with Monica! They were talking about how their plan worked and how they need to leave the state fast!" I scream. "What?! You don't have any proof." The officer says.

"He's still on the phone! Follow me!"

We run back over to where he is. "Yes Mom, I miss you too. I'm okay. I'll call you when we have things sorted out." Jessie says. "NO! You were on the phone with Monica!" I scream.

He holds up his phone giving me a crazy look and the contact shows Mom.
"You're insane!" Jessie says as the police officer takes me back over to the front yard. No. No this can't be happening.

"I didn't do it!" I cry.
"Oh I know you didn't." The officer says. What?

Suddenly a camera crew comes flooding out. Then I see... NICK CANNON? "YOU JUST GOT PUNK'd!" Nick yells. Suddenly Rob, Jessie, Monica, the old man, the raggedy looking man, and cop surround me as the "Neighbors" start clapping and cheering.

"Wait this was all a prank?!" I ask.
They all nod laughing and I cover my face laughing. "Yep! You're in the show PUNK'd!" Oh. My. Dauntless. cake.

VvV

"Max that was pure evil, but I love it! I cannot believe that after all of that, the necklace was absolutely worthless. I can't wait to watch that on TV!" I say smiling.

"Haha! It's gonna get you a lot of publicity! Plus, that necklace might have been worthless before, but now it will be worth a lot since you wore it. But anyways, see you tomorrow."

"Bye." I say. Wait until the group hears about this.

Hey Initiates! Happy good Friday! I hope you guys liked the last two chapters! I just wanted there to be a bit of fun drama!

QOTD: WHO HEARD ABOUT THE TEASER TRAILER FOR THE SCORCH TRIALS COMING OUT?!!

My answer: WELL IF YOU DIDN'T, YOU HAVE NOW! IT COMES OUT ON APRIL 12!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Remember to be eaton that cake!