Chapter 16: life in L.A

Tris pov:

"Okay, did I really just perform at the American Music Awards?! OMG!

I am on the red carpet right now and am posing for the camera. An interviewer lady walks up and says

"We are live on the red carpet with a new comer to the music business, Tris Prior, how has life been so far here?"

"Umm, well I've been here about a month and recorded my new single

'Since you've been gone' and I haven't really been out much or met anyone yet, but I do have to say I love my penthouse." We both laugh and she says " well speaking of your new single, you killed it in there! Was there a certain someone you wrote it about?"

I take a deep breath and say " Actually yes it was a about someone."

"And who would that be?"

Tobias pov:

" And who would that be?" The lady interviewing Tris asks.

" Dude, if she says your name, everyone's going to hate you" Zeke says. Instead of responding I look back up at the screen where Tris seems to be thinking hard whether or not she should tell. She has every right to though. I think to myself.

" I can't give a name, that would be wrong." She says.

She's so selfless.

"Well if you hate him so much, why don't you say his name and make him pay for whatever he did to you?" The interviewer asks.

" Well, I don't hate him, there was just a big misunderstanding and when I tried to explain, he broke up with me and said I was lying." She says sadly.

" Well I hope that jerk never hurts you again, you deserve better." The interviewer moves onto the next person on the red carpet.

Tris pov:

I couldn't say his name, no matter how sad and angry he made me, I could never do that, even if he does hate me.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around.

Omgomgomgomgomgomgomg!

"Y... You... you're... Ansel Elgort!" I stutter.

" Yes I am, and you're Tris Prior. It's very nice to meet you. You are an amazing singer!" He says.

"You're Ansel Elgort" I repeat to shocked by the fact I'm actually talking to him.

" Hahaha, your funny Tris, listen, I'm having a party tomorrow night and I was wondering if you would like join!" He says.

"You want me to come to your party?" I ask shocked.

"Of course! You're famous now Tris, everyone wants to meet you, you've made it big here faster than anyone else. It would be an honor to have you at my party."

" OMG! Okay! That sounds like fun!" I say. My heart is beating so fast right now at the fact he said it would be an honor to have me at his party.

"Okay, here's my number." He says handing me a slip of paper.

"Thanks again!" I say.

" No thank you Tris, I'll see you later." He says walking away.

"Bye" I say as my heart melts right here on the red carpet.

After a while of being interviewed, I get in my limo and tell my driver to drive to whataburger. I walk in and order the number 13, and the lady at the counter is looking at me in shock.