Chapter 9: What about angels?

Tris pov:

Today is my parents funeral. They died yesterday. I walk up to their caskets that have their ashes spread out inside.
I can't cry. Not here. Not now. I need my relatives to see that I will be fine on my own. I walk away without saying a word.

After everyone has looked at their remains one last time, we walk up to the top of the hill, where my parents will be buried next to Caleb.

Once they are in the ground I start singing a song I wrote for them last night. It's called Not about Angels.

We know full well there's just time
So is it wrong to dance this line?
If your heart was full of love
Could you give it up?

'Cause what about, what about angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special

Don't give me up
Don't give...
Me up

How unfair, it's just our love
Found something real that's out of touch
But if you'd searched the whole wide world
Would you dare to let it go?

'Cause what about, what about angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special

Don't give me up
Don't give...
Me up

'Cause what about, what about angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special

It's not about not about angels, angels

I look up and see that my group of friends are watching. They must have came in the middle of the song.

My relatives hug me and tell me how sorry they all are. Everyone has now left, except for my friends.

They walk up to me as I just stare at my family's graves.
"Tris" Christina says as she pulls me into a hug. I don't return it. I just continue to stare over her shoulder in horror of what I'm seeing.

She pulls back and I can hear them all calling my name trying to get my attention, but I can't stop staring. I feel 2 strong hands gripping my shoulders. Tobias
"Tris, you know it's okay to cry?" he asks. I try to hold it in but I can't.

My breathing starts to get out of control and I collapse into Tobias's chest as I cry, but it's not quiet. Inhuman sounds come out of my mouth as I sob.

I sink to the ground. I am on my knees as I cry on their graves.
"Why them? Why? I don't understand." I scream.

They start to leave one by one, giving me a hug as I cry on the ground.
Tobias is the last one and is about to leave when I grab his wrist and say
" Stay. Please."

He sits next to me as he pulls me onto his lap. " I'm so sorry Tris, I'm not going to say that it is okay, because it's not." He says. Wow that was really cliché, but it was still sweet.
I look up at him with hot tears rolling down my cheeks. He wipes them away and I place my forehead onto his and we stare into each other's eyes.

" Why do you like me?" He seems taken aback by this question but doesn't hesitate to answer. " Because, you're different. You aren't afraid to stand out. You keep your head up no matter what the circumstances. You are beautiful. And it makes you even more beautiful when you can't see it."

I stare at him. Maybe I am ready for a boyfriend. Maybe that's what I need. I need family and he said he would be my family. He is such an amazing person. He makes me happy, makes me blush, and makes me feel special even when I'm not. It's like we were made for each other.

I pull away and kiss him on his cheek. We stay like that for a few minuets, then we stand up and walk to our own houses.

Hey initiates! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY !!! I will try and update ' The Initiation' when I can, but don't kill me if I can't do it today, because I have worship practice, an orthodontics appointment, and I have friends coming over! I will update ASAP though!

Remember to be eaton that cake!