Chapter 23

Marinette's POV

To say Marinette was frustrated would be the understatement of the year. She was burning with anger and annoyance. Her secret was out. Her identity was out. And she was helpless. Chloe had taken Marinette to cool off. Well, Chloe's way of cooling down. Both were at the Salon. Marinette had her trimmed, cut a bit short. Chloe had gotten a strand of black hair and a strand of white hair on opposite side. Marinette had to admit, she did cool down a bit. But then she remembered she wasn't in a situation to enjoy herself. Her secret was out. When she looked to Chloe, the girl was having too much fun, running across the store they were in, bags in her hand. It made Marinette sigh, but what wasn't expected, was for Marinette to hear a child's scream. And for Marinette to creep away. Marinette ended up in Gotham Central Park. Joker. A child by herself. Why are people leaving Arkham so much? Marinette crouched to the child, who was shaking behind her tree. She hugged the girl, whispering into her ear.

She calmed the child, helping her escape, as the vigilantes came, fighting the goons and and joker.

To be honest it annoyed her to the end. Two maniacs in one day was agitating her.

3rd Person

As Dick saw his child, (Mari, the one Marinette saved), he looked over to Marinette. She was looking for a way to creep away, not wanting to give her statement. He looked to Robin, who looked like he wanted to approach her, but was hesitant. Marinette was looking for a way to escape, when suddenly a blonde caught hold of her. Marinette groaned as she was pulled into a hug, attraction everyone's attention.

'Chloe and Marinette.' Robin finally said, and Chloe glared at him.

'Ah least we're real heroes. This child could be dead if Marinette weren't here.' Chloe said, glaring.

'We're gonna need to discuss this superhero matter.' Bruce said.

'Not tonight, nor any other night. Because Paris don't want an akumatized Nightwing and Batman or whatever.' Marinette said, glaring. She was hugged again by Chloe agin, but the two slipped away as the police arrived, leaving all confused.