Chapter 24

The rest of the day was spent with Marinette struggling to keep her cool. As the day ended, she flopped down onto her hotel bed, looking at Chloe who was fiddling with her hair.

'Today was bloody eventful. The vigilantes might even know our identities now. Great.' She said. She was exhausted and wanted rest, but she knew the coffee she had had earlier would interfere with that.

'So what are we going to do know?' Chloe asked.

'We should run whilst we can. We can't risk putting any further information. That could end in total mayhem, something we obviously don't want or need.' Marinette replied.

'Why do that? We don't have to go back to Paris early. How about this, we just avoid the vigilantes? Easy peasy, simple pimple. Not that I have any of course.' Chloe said, thinking it was all being overcomplicated.

'We can't hide. That's why we run. They'll find us eventually.'

'Either way they will.'

Marinette just sighed she turned on her stomach, preparing for an all nighter, whilst she took out her iPad. She knew that Chloe was right, but that didn't make her want to stay. She groaned, looking over to her faithful Kwami Tikki, who was practically drowning in cookie crumbs. She managed a small smile, as she unlocked her iPad. She set herself an alarm, glancing at Chloe once more, before she tapped her way into safari, checking to see the footage that had been caught at the akuma scene earlier.