Chapter 20

Marinette stood there, Gotham's vigilantes waiting for her explanation. But she obviously couldn't tell them the truth. She watched as Chloe came to stand next to her, not knowing what to say.

'The Miracle box is a fictional box we created.' Marinette lied, hoping they would buy it. But they didn't.

'We want the truth, not the bull.' Robin said, through gritted teeth. 'And start by saying how you really know my soulmate.'

'She knows you're soulmate baby bird??' Dick asked, not believing.

'No Nick names one field.' Robin said. But then he remembered they already knew his identity.

Marinette looked to Chloe, but the blonde was lost for words, just staring down at the ground.

'We can't tell you.' Marinette said.

'We'll ask Ladybug.' Robin threatened.

'She won't tell you either.' Marinette said.

'You're gonna have to tell us. Right now, you could be seen as a threat. We just watched you wipe out scarecrow and his goons whilst we were frozen in shock.' Batman said.

'Who says you can do it and not us? Face it, your just humans dressed in silly play outfits, anybody could be a vigilante.' Marinette shot back.

'So, are you a vigilante?' Robin asked.

'No.' Marinette said.

'Then how the heck were you able to just wipe out those villains?' Robin questioned, getting frustrated.

'We grew up in Paris. With akumas. We can fight. Just because, we're civilians doesn't mean that we are weak.' Marinette simply replied.

'Marinette, how about we just tell them. After all, Robin is your-' Chloe started, but Marinette quickly cut her off.

'Over. My. Dead. Body. We swore by the grimoire.'

'What grimoire?' Batman asked. Marinette just groaned. She took Chloe by the hand, leading her out the hotel, not wanting to be interrogated any further.

I'm not going to make Pennyworth a past holder of the peacock Miraculous. The reason is, before Ladybug and Chat Noir appeared, the last trace of Miraculous was 200 years ago. I don't think Alfred is 200 years old, personally. 😂