Book trailer

Book title - A midnight theft

Crossover - Miraculous Ladybug and Batman

She was known as Lady Noir in the streets of Gotham. A famous thief, possibly even more superior than Catwoman. She was rarely caught in action, just glimpses of her braid being seen. Sneaky, quick as a cat, she was. And the vigilantes worked harder each day to find her.

*

The alarms sounded and she knew she wasn't being very discreet. She only had a matter of time before the vigilantes arrived, and she would need a way to cut through the glass in order to retrieve the wanted jewellery. She examined the place around her. Nobody was near enough to witness the action she was about to commit.

"Cataclysm." She muttered, and watched as the glass fell under her gloved palm. Her ring beeped. Her identity was on the line, but it was too late to turn back. She swiped the amulet from where it lay on a soft, velvet cushion. There was a thump behind her and she turned to see Red Hood. He looked shocked to see her, as though he wasn't expecting her to still be there. She could sense his uncertainty, and perhaps almost sympathise, but alas, the moment was lost. Too soon, it was, he took out his gun, pointing it at her. She was still, trying to figure out a plan, a way to escape. Convoluted plans were her speciality, but time was wearing thin as her ring made a second beep. Red Hood's attention turned, and it was then, she took her moment to strike. Her  hand reached for her baton and she swiped it under his feet. But it was a miss. The vigilante jumped, looking up at her as though he expected more. But she was never one for violence. She put her baton away, eyes glancing to the gun being held, inches away from her. She would have to think fast.

'Who are you?' Red Hood asked. Her only response was taking out a piece of camembert. The smell caught him off guard. He coughed for clean air, not wanting to smell any more. So she took her chance, gliding away, the jewellery, safely secured in the palm of her hand.