Chapter 30

-Brendon's POV-

I was really thankful of Sarah. It hurts doing it to her but I had to.

I was home to bring Y/C/N to the hospital, at... 11:43 PM. Since the operation is in a few minutes. Y/N decided he needs to know.

I was quite surprised seeing Sarah still here.

"He couldn't sleep. I'm sorry I couldn't put him to sleep." She smiled. "But I calmed him down. He's in his room waiting for anyone."

"Sarah, I'm sorry."

"What happened?" I could hear the bitterness.

"Y/N's brother and mother are going to surgery." I sighed.

"And you left me without anything with your son?"

"It was a shit move I know please... I'm really sorry."

She took a deep breath. "You chose her. I knew that. I saw it coming. You wouldn't have fallen for her if I was good enough."

"Sarah, please. It's not your fault."

"Brendon, I know it's not my fault. It's yours. But hey, we had a great time. We had a good run. I still love you but not relevant. I'm not going to make this bitter. I still like the kid. Maybe... When I move on, maybe we can be friends again. I wouldn't mind watching over the kid."

"I'm sorry Sarah..."

"I'm not really fine. I want to cry." She choked. "It really hurts. But I can't do that to you. You'll be hurt if I cried. Could you please turn away right now as if I'm not about to cry?"

"I... I'll drop you off. We're passing your place on the way to the hospital."

I left her and went to Y/C/N. He was at his study table writing some things.

"Hey,"

"Dad! Where did you go? What happened?"

"Well... Mommy and I met. Grandma and uncle are at the hospital. Mommy really needs your hug right now. Could you do that?"

"Why are they there? What happened with Grandma?"

"She's sick. Uncle is going to help her and Mom is worried so she's watching over them. Are you too tired?"

"No. I'll give mom a hug. I'm not tired." He stood up. "D-Do I bring something?"

"Whatever you need to pass time. It might take a while." He took some stuffs and we went downstairs.

"What about aunty Sarah?"

"We're... Dropping her off her place before we go to the hospital."

He nodded and we got to the car. She was at the back so Y/C/N rode shotgun.

We were silent. Even after Sarah got off. She told me she'll get her stuffs the day after tomorrow and leave the key.

As much as I felt guilty I was too worried about Y/N and her family.

When I got to the hospital I knew ICU wasn't the place to go. They've probably started the operation.

I went to the waiting room with Y/C/N. When we got there we saw her curled up in the corner. The kid immediately ran towards her and gave her a hug.

"It's going to be okay mom. They're strong."

She started sobbing on his shoulder and I took seat beside her rubbing circles on her back.

After a few minutes they calmed down and anxiously waited for something.

"Are either of you tired?" I asked. Which was stupid now that I saw Y/N and Y/C/N cuddled up and sleeping.

I sighed and went to my social medias.

People were still asking about me and Sarah. There are few who were making claims it was Y/N's fault. There were many posts. I figured, now would be a time to inform them of the news.

I wrote a message informing everyone of my breakup with Sarah due to personal reasons. I also pointed out how I'd appreciate it if no one would ask about it because I am kinda in a middle of a crisis.

It didn't take long before the post grew. Few minutes and there was over 2 thousand shares, 5 thousand comments and 10.3 thousand likes/hearts for each social media platform I had posted it on.

Few hours had passed and the most awaited person chimed in.

"L/N family?" He called.

I gently woke up Y/N. It didn't take her long to wake up when she saw the doctor.

"What happened?!" She asked. "Are they okay? Alive?"

"They're fine. The operation was successful." The doctor smiled. "Both of them survived."

Y/N then hugged Y/C/N as she cried, thanking everyone that came up to her mind.

"Thank you. Which room are they at?" I asked.

"They're both to be transferred to room 443. If you'll excuse me." He then left the room.

I knelt towards the two and gave them a hug.

"You should rest up. They'll be fine. I'll drive us home."

"We have to see---"

"Y/N, it's 3 in the morning. We should go home. You need proper sleep. They'll be fine. It's too late. We have all day later." I cradled them both up.

When Y/N regained her balance. I took Y/C/N and we made our way to the car.

I drove straight home, tucked a sleeping kid when we got there and changed to my sleeping wear.

I was about to put a shirt on when I felt arms snake around my waist. A face buried on my back making me smile.

"Thank you."

I slowly turned and got to her level, then gave her a kiss. "Anytime."

She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me for another kiss. Which I responded without second thoughts.

The kiss grew deeper and hotter the longer it got. Neither of us pulled away. Until we almost died of suffocation.

"I just wanna say, I fucking love you." She panted. Pulling me on the bed. "And I want to fuck. Right now. At this emotional day. While I'm sober so you don't have an excuse."

"What?" I was confused and surprised. "What?"

"Oh god, I'm too emotional I shouldn't have said that. I didn't mean it. Oh fuck... It's awkward I need a fucking drink..." She stood up blushing.

I pondered for a moment but hey... Fuck it. She's sober. A smirk came across my face and took her hand.

"How about no?" I pulled her to my lap and rested my forehead against hers. "I love you."

"We're not having sex. Just saying. I was emotionally high or something."

"Awee... But I was excited." I pouted.

Her blush came back and she got off me. "Y-You're right I am tired. I'm sleeping!"

I chuckled and took the empty space beside her.

"Goodnight." I whispered cuddling closer to her.

"Goodnight."

~~~