Chapter 8

-Brendon's POV-

I waited at the nearby cafe for Y/N and Y/C/N.

"It's Brendon Urie!!!" A heard a loud whisper somewhere around. I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Hi Brendon!! I'm a huge fan!" They squealed.

I gave her a smile, "Well I'm flattered."

"C-Could we get a picture?" The fan grinned.

I nodded and just posed. They continued to chat with me.

"B, sorry we too---- oh uh..." Y/N was cut off when she saw the 3 unfamiliar females.

"OMG, is that Y/C/N!!"

"Best day ever! Are you his mom? Do you mind if we take a photo with him?!"

"Uh... It depends on him." She moved away as they swarmed around Y/C/N. "So... That's celebrity life? God that sucks..."

I laughed at her adorable reaction to the fame. I ruffled her hair and grinned, "Suck it up. He can't escape this. There's probably 20% chance people would surround your house by now."

"Well... Fuck. This is why I don't want you in our life."

I gave a fake gasp. "How dare you."

I felt a light tug on from the hem of my shirt.

"Dad, more and more people are coming..." He whispered.

Y/N laughed and knelt to his level. She ruffled his hair then grinned. "A dumbass once told me, "Suck it up. You can't escape this now." Now I can fully agree to that."

"Hey, that was a very inspirational quote!"

"The crowd..." Y/C/N reminded.

"Right." I picked him up. "There better?" He hid his face on my neck and nodded. Then Something flashed. That's when I realized it was the paparazzi.

"Brendon who is she?"
"Is she Y/C/N's mom?"
"Why are you with them?"
"Are you spending the 4th of July with them?"
"Where's Sarah?"
"Is she your new girlfriend?"

"Could you please give us privacy? In case you didn't know we have personal lives. We can do what we want. Be with who we want. Not everything we do is a fucking controversy. Now please just leave us alone." Y/N smiled.

But it just made the crowd worse. Give more questions. I then heard a sob.

"Stop..." I glared at them all. Which didn't do a thing. "Shut up!" I bursted.

They finally stopped and started with disbelief. They hear his

"Can you know you boundaries?" Y/N then took Y/C/N from me. "Take care of them, we'll wait in the car. I'll explain later."

"Way to go! You just scared the kid." I growled.

Most of them actually looked guilty. But some just didn't give a single fuck.

"We just wanted answers."

"Well listen here you obnoxious dick. It's his first birthday with me. And guess what, you just fucking ruined it!" I barked.  I slapped the camera off his hand and left.

When I got in the car Y/C/N was asleep. The driver then drove us to the airport.

"He barely slept last night. He was excited for our first trip." She gave a wry smile.

"I'm really sorry."

"I blame his uncle." She gave a loud sigh. "He has a weird phobia, you know Scopophobia. Yet I don't understand how he was able to go on TV."

"Wait so you're telling me... A celebrity is afraid of getting attention?"

"Unfortunately. He got it from me."

"Well media's probably full of us by now." I groaned. "I could ask the agency for some help on this problem..."

"Wouldn't you need to tell them about... Everything?"

"Would you rather have paparazzi swarming around your place?"

"Well... After what happened I think either way they're still coming." She pointed out.

"Do you see some around my place?" I gave her a smirk. She flicked my forehead and huffed.

"How are we going to do that? We're supposed to be celebrating Y/C/N's Birthday!"

"Let's do this some other time then! Maybe after this. Concert is in July 3rd, I rescheduled it so I could spend more time with you two."

"What do you mean by 'you two'?" She smirked. It's a smirk of victory.

"Well I mean... That's what he wants right?" I gave a nervous laugh. And she... Just laughed it off.

~

"B!" I heard a loud whisper on my ear. "Damnit I am not a pillow for the both of you!"

"Hm? Did I fell asleep?" I said groggily.

"No shit! Carry Y/C/N, so we can go!" She barked.

"I'm surprised by how he's still asleep." I chuckled as I carry him.

"Like I said he didn't sleep last night since he was excited for this trip. You know what actually wake him up."

"If I drop him would it wake him up?" I joked.

"Try, and we'll see who'll be asleep for the next few months." She scoffed.

"Then you wake him up!" I pouted.

"Scream at his ear..." She giggled.

"What a good mother you are..."

"At least I'm not dropping him."

"Oh how much I love my parents..." We heard him talk.

"Still wanna scream at his ear..."

"Hey!" He jumped off and ran inside the airport... Without us.

We followed after him, laughing.

"I'll take care of the tickets you keep him still." She said as he points at the child who was sitting diligently. Then she skipped her way to the counter.

"This is the first time I'm riding a plane!" He beamed as soon as I sat down beside him.

"Well, I hope you'll enjoy. I'm planning for your most memorable birthday!"

"Do you think... Sarah would be OK with you spending 4th of July with us?"

"Sarah?" I raised a brow and smirked. I can see his face turn red. He immediately became flustered. "It's fine!"

I felt something hit the back of my head, I turned only to see Y/N, glaring at me. "What did you do?" She was giving a murderous grin and a deadly glare. It sent shivers down my spine.

"N-nothing! H-he just asked some stuff!" I stammered.

"Well then you carry all the bags, as punishment for what you did to my son."

"Why?! He's als---"

"MY SON." She hissed.

"Yes ma'am..." I frowned.

How the hell did she change her attitude towards me so fast?! God she warmed up too fast.

~~~