38. Breaking Up

Mia's POV.

.

A few days after the planning, I stood in front of my locker and stared down at my phone. I hadn't talked to Calum properly in days. I was just about to text him when my locker door slam shut and I looked up, seeing Calum himself.

"Where have you been?" He asked, not even bothering to say hey.

"I've been busy."

"Well "busy" is not a place." He snapped.

I frowned. Calum was always so calm, so...gentle. Now he was just being plain rude.

"Calum, what's wrong? I told you I was busy-"

"With what, exactly? Luke?"

I stared at him in silence. Was he being serious?

"Um, no. What's your problem with him anyway?"

Calum just sighed and raked a hand through his hair. "Nothing, I just-"

"Just what, Calum? I've seen you. I know you don't like him, and that's perfectly fine because he doesn't even like you, but you don't have to be so rude about him. You don't even know him." I rolled my eyes.

He scoffed. "I already know guys like him." He snapped. "He's using you, Mia. To get back at me. Don't listen to him. Guys like him can just wrap you around their little finger until they ditch you for another girl to fuck."

Anger flared up inside me. How could Calum say that about him? Suddenly I felt nervous. Did he know about us? What we do when he's not there?

"Excuse me? We didn't fuck, thank you very much." I sighed. "Why do you have to be so mean about him?"

"See? He's already done it." Calum argued. "You don't get it, Mia. All I'm trying to do is protect you from him. I'm your boyfriend after all, aren't I? Or have you forgotten about me too?"

"What are you talking about? I haven't forgotten about anyone-"

"Only me then." He rolled his eyes. "Look, if you care so much about him, why don't you just go date him instead of me?"

I frowned slightly. "C-Calum-"

"Go ahead. But don't come crying to me when he leaves you."

I felt tears sting my eyes. "Fine then. Maybe I won't."

I turned around and stomped off to class.

*

Calum's POV. (surprise bitches)

.

I stood by my locker at lunch, scrolling through my pictures on my phone. I just went through some pictures of Mia, staring at them for a while. She had no idea how much it hurt when she left me for him. I get that she was a little feisty and stubborn sometimes, but really? She couldn't see that the only reason I lashed out was because I was hurting? I was upset, and she didn't even care. I liked Mia, but she was being really inconsiderate. She wasn't thinking about my feelings. And it stung like a bitch.

But she didn't even realise that.

I rubbed my face and sighed loudly, my back pressed against the lockers. Why did things have to turn out to be this complicated between us? Now that Luke was in the picture, everything went wrong. I can't blame him for everything, but still...

Whatever. This was partly my fault as well, I just knew it. Mia is a good person, but sometimes she could be a little...bitchy. It's wrong of me to say that, but it was true. I didn't know.

I pushed myself off the lockers and started walking, staring down at my phone. A few seconds later, I bumped into something - or someone.

"Shit, sorry."

I looked up and saw a short brunette with chocolate-y eyes like mine. Her skin was a little bit tanned and she had a couple of piercings, but only on her ears. I had to admit, she was pretty.

"Uh, no. My fault. Sorry." I chuckled, locking my phone and putting it away.

The girl smiled. Her lips were pink and cute. I couldn't help but stare at them.

"So." She cleared her throat, noticing my gaze.

I quickly looked up, my cheeks burning. "S-sorry. Uh, anyway. Hey. I'm Calum." I smiled and held my hand out.

"Serenity." The girl introduced herself, taking my hand. She shook it gently, and I felt something. Something like a spark.

"That's a beautiful name." I bit my lip. "Just like you."

Idiot.

"Flirting, are we?" She laughed softly, pulling her hand back slowly. "Just kidding. Thanks, Calum."

"But Serenity really is a beautiful name." I nodded my head, tucking my hands in the pockets of my jeans.

"Thank you." Serenity smiled warmly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. I noticed a few black studs pierced into her ears and smiled to myself.

"What class do you have next?"

"Um, French, room 103."

"I'll walk you." I bit my lip. Serenity giggled. It sounded amazing.

She led me to the classroom, telling me she was new here. She told me how her day had been so far and started talking about the structure of the school building. It was a boring thing to talk about, but I could've listened to her talk all day if I had the chance. Her voice was beautiful and her accent was the cutest.

Once I walked her to class, we said our goodbyes then I walked off to mine. Then I remembered.

I should've asked for her number.

-

So who's Serenity? Will they hang out more?? Haha, I'm leaving it there for now. Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter, and who knows, maybe Serenity will show up again? Please vote! Thank you for reading xx