31. Questions From An Eight Year Old

4.99k reads? you all deserve an update.

Luke's POV.

.

That day we just talked and played with Delilah. We were in the middle of watching Frozen again when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." I stood up from the couch and answered the door.

"Calum?" I frowned.

"Uh, is Mia here?" Calum asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah. Come in." I mumbled, stepping out of the way. Mia sat up and fixed her shirt.

"Calum! Uh, hi." She stood up. He smiled and kissed her. I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall. Delilah looked up at him.

"Hi Calum. Luke told me you were the big-"

"Uh, Delilah. Why don't we give them a little privacy?" I took her hand and led her into the kitchen. He didn't need to know what I said.

I pressed my ear against the kitchen door to listen in to their conversation but their voices were quiet and muffled.

"Luke? Does Calum love Mia?" Delilah asked me.

"Uh, I don't know. Probably." I shrugged, still trying to hear them.

She frowned. "But you love her."

I froze. I bit my lip and sighed. "She-it's complicated." Delilah smiled cutely and patted the spot next to her.

"I've got time."

I chuckled and sat down next to her, pulling her on to my lap. "Jesus, I feel like Santa Claus."

"Jesus has nothing to do with Santa." Delilah looked down at her hands. I smiled and kissed her cheek.

"You don't know how lucky I am to have you."

*

I sat on the bed at midnight in my dimly lit room, staring at the wall in front of me. I tried to replay today's events in my head.

Mia agreed to go out with Calum but before she left, she held my hand and stroked the back of it. I was waiting for her to come in my room again.

I heard a knock on the door and jumped up to open it.

I saw Mia standing there with tired eyes and her hair down. I leant down and kissed her forehead, taking her hand and sitting on the bed with her.

"Can we just sleep tonight? I'm really tired." She yawned, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Why? Where did you go with Calum?" I asked curiously.

"Some park...and then we went on a walk...and....yeah." She spoke slower as she yawned again and closed her eyes.

"Oh. Mia?"

"Hm?"

"Are you going to tell Calum? About...us?" I frowned. She sat up and sighed.

"I don't know. He seems pretty happy lately and I don't want to ruin his mood. I know I have to, though."

I nodded and kissed her forehead softly, wrapping the blanket around us. Mia fell asleep in my arms, snoring quietly.

hi. thank you. thank you so freaking much for the votes and the reads. you guys are amazing. you guys are beautiful and cool and cute okay. I just can't express my love for all of you.

so yeah.

bye xx