42. Getting Back Together

Mia's POV.

.

"Nirvana, Blink-182, Green Day, The Neighbourhood and The Strokes." I listed some of my favourite bands while Luke and I sat on his bed, listening to music.

Luke nodded in approval and smiled. "I didn't know you liked Blink-182."

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me." I shrugged.

Luke frowned slightly and nodded.

"It was a joke." I mumbled.

"Right. Sorry." He said quickly. "Anyway. What other bands do you like?"

I sat up straighter. "I also listen to some All Time Low."

"You're so amazing." Luke smiled.

I blushed and bit my lip, shrugging.

His face fell. "What? You don't think you're amazing?"

"You can't just tell yourself that." I sighed. "It's pretty hard."

Luke raised an eyebrow. "Is it?"

"Well not everyone can be as cocky as you." I muttered. "Sorry, that was mean. I didn't mean it."

He shrugged. "It's alright." He smiled a little. "I know I'm cocky."

"Yeah." I giggled. Luke took my hand and kissed my forehead lightly.

"You're pretty fucking amazing."

*

I opened my eyes and sat up, picking my phone up quickly. It was the middle of the night and I didn't want to wake up Luke.

"Hello?" I whispered into the phone, climbing out of bed.

"Mia?"

"Calum?" I frowned and crept into the hall, shutting the bedroom door behind me gently.

"Hey." He said gently.

""Hey"? Are you kidding me? You wake me up in the middle of the night to say "hey"?" I snapped.

"Sorry. And no, I didn't just want to say hey. Can you come outside for a sec?"

"You're outside the fucking house?" I mumbled.

"Yeah, I just-look, can you come out or not?" Calum sighed.

I bit my lip and looked back at the bedroom door. "I'll be there in a sec."

I hung up and grabbed my hoodie, pulling it on and sneaking downstairs. I twisted the doorknob and opened the front door quietly, stepping out. I shut the door behind me and looked up, seeing Calum.

"What do you want?" I sighed.

He bit his lip and looked around. "I want to say sorry."

"For what? Calling me at fucking 3:00AM or being a total dick?" I crossed my arms and looked down.

Calum stepped forward and cupped my face gently. "Both. I'm sorry for breaking up with you, Mia. I just missed you. It was a mistake, I swear. Please forgive me."

I looked up at him and felt my eyes water. "A mistake?"

"Please, Mia. Remember all the good times we had together? Are you really just going to throw all those memories away?" He whispered.

I frowned. "This can't be happening."

"Mia..." He leant down and pressed his lips to mine.

So we both stood there, kissing for what felt like half an hour.

I finally pulled away and nodded.

"You forgive me?" Calum asked.

"Yeah. I do. Now could you please leave before someone finds out you're here?" I looked up at him.

He smiled and nodded, pecking my lips before climbing back into his car and driving away.

"You shouldn't have done that."

swiggity swooty gonna get dat booty