5. Michael's Party

Mia's POV

.

I was dressed in a cute green denim jacket with black tights, a blue shirt and some shorts with a pair of black converse for Michael's party. I emerged from my room and saw Luke fixing his hair in the mirror. I rolled my eyes. He did look hot, though.

"You're ready? Finally." Luke joked, stepping away from the mirror as we both checked each other out. He was wearing a black beanie with a Nirvana shirt, a leather jacket covering the tattoos on his arms, black skinny jeans and black Vans with neon green laces. The tattoos on his neck still showed though, but they were the only ones revealed.

Luke whistled and stared at my shorts. I smacked his shoulder and walked past him down the stairs. He followed closely, opening the door for me. "We're going to be late now."

"Do you know how long these parties go on for? There's no such thing as being late at those." I waved goodbye to Delilah while Liz told us to have fun. Luke was driving with his learner's permit while I sat in the passenger seat.

We came at exactly 8:30 and the first two people I saw were Ruby and Michael. "Hey! You guys look great." She complimented, grabbing my arm and dragging me inside. 

"Yeah, great together." Michael laughed while Luke nudged him. 

"Rock Show? Good choice."

Michael shrugged. "Hey, Blink's always better than Anaconda, right?" We walked outside and saw a huge pool with no one in it. 

"Why isn't anyone in the pool?" I asked, looking at the faces around the pool. 

Michael smirked. "The stunt." 

Ruby groaned. "Mikey! I told you, you're going to hurt yourself." The boys laughed at Ruby's motherly tone. 

"Relax, it's only the second floor of the house." Michael said, thinking it would make the stunt safer. Well, he was wrong.

She scoffed as he ran inside and soon appeared at the window on the second floor. He climbed up onto the roof and counted down from ten. Luke was yelling and laughing, while Ruby stood grumpily, watching Michael closely.

"3...2...1..." Michael yelled and leaped from the roof and landed in the pool, causing a huge splash. Half the guests ended up getting soaked. 

I stood behind Luke so I wouldn't get wet, and it worked. Ruby did the same thing and as soon as Michael climbed out the pool, soaking wet and freezing, she stomped past him and headed back inside. He groaned and followed her.

I raised an eyebrow and followed both of them. I felt Luke grab my arm and laugh. "Okay, that was hilarious!"

"It was stupid. What's the point of doing all that?"

"Entertainment."

"Psh, right." I scoffed and shook his hand of my arm, walking inside and getting sucked into a dancing crowd. I heard Luke call my name a few times but I kept walking, ignoring him. I had nowhere to go, so I just sat in what I hoped was Michael's room, which was covered in Nirvana posters. I climbed onto the bed and crossed my legs, staring at the wall and feeling my phone buzz. Calum.

Cal<3

Hey. I've tried calling you like five times, where are you?

I stared at the text, and I don't know how I did it, but I deleted it. I always told Calum where I was and what I was doing, but lately I had been feeling like a lost puppy who always needed him to tell me where to go and what to do.

*

About an hour into the party, I started getting bored sitting up in Michael's room just messing around on my phone. I got up and walked downstairs, slipping my phone in my back pocket. I pushed through a small crowd of people dancing in the living room and looked around. Luke was nowhere to be seen.

I walked into the kitchen, ignoring guys and girls doing inappropriate things with a bottle of whipped cream (Jesus, are you out there?) and sighed. Still no Luke. I couldn't even find Michael or Ruby, but then again, they were probably making out somewhere.

I ended up back outside next to the pool, searching for that blonde hair and those blue eyes. Still nothing. I eventually gave up and turned around to go back inside, but then I heard noises.

And not just any noises.

Moans. Moans. Have these kids ever been to church?

I decided to investigate (why, oh why was I that stupid?) and walked towards the trees. Wait. I swear to god, if someone was doing the forbidden behind those big leaves -

Another moan. But it wasn't coming from the trees.

I think I sighed in relief then walked away from the trees. Why was I investigating anyway? There was no way it could've been -

"Luke!"

I froze. The moan came from a girl. Holy mother of god.

I slowly walked towards the other side of the house, and there Luke was.

Sucking on another blonde's neck.

There are some things that cannot be unseen. Like this moment right here.

The girl pressed against the wall must have noticed me because she tapped Luke on the shoulder and pointed.

All I could do was stare.

Luke turned around and smiled wide. "Hey Mia."

My eyes widened. 'Hey Mia'? That was all he could say to me right now? Not even a simple, 'Hey Mia. I'm sorry you had to see me literally sucking on another human's skin which left a purple, bruise looking mark on their neck which may or may not be permanent'?

I didn't know about this stuff. I was young and innocent.

Well, not anymore.

"L-Luke, I'm bored." I blurted out. He gave me this strange look. Something like, 'really? You interrupted my satanic actions just because you're bored?'.

Luke's strange look soon turned into a smirk. "What do you want me to do about that? Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?"

Someone get this kid a Bible.

"No!" My eyes practically popped out of my head and my cheeks turned red. "N-no. Can we go home or something? I-I'm actually pretty tired."

Luke tossed his head back and laughed, his perfect dimples showing. "You're hilarious. Just give me a sec, yeah? Almost done here." He winked at the blonde girl and I almost gagged.

I chewed on my lower lip and nodded quickly before rushing back into the house.

Smart move, Mia.