49. Second Chances

They need Jesus ^^

hey my little hot potatoes.

how are yall today? so im going to try and make this longer to make up for the last chapter. im sorry it was short, it was really late when i wrote it and i knew i should've slept but i needed to do it for you guys. im really sorry. i love you. xx

Mia's POV.

.

It had been a few weeks since Calum and I spoke to each other. It's not like I wanted to, anyway. He needed time to himself. But it was pretty hard since he sat next to me in most of my classes. He didn't say anything. Sometimes he would glance at me, but that was it. I don't think he wanted to talk to me, but that was fine because I knew he had every right to be mad.

That all changed one day after biology. I was packing up my things and when I was done, I walked over to the door. It was just us in the classroom.

"Mia?" I heard Calum call my name and turned around.

"Hi." Was all I could say.

He looked down at his feet. "Can we talk?"

I just nodded and walked back over to him.

"Look, I...I'm sorry. For everything." He sighed. "I guess I was just jealous of you and Luke. I don't really like him, in case you haven't noticed..."

"I've noticed." I said quietly.

He looked up at me. "I'm really sorry. You deserve so much better than me. I get it if you don't want to speak to me ever again. I understand."

I looked at Calum and sighed, shaking my head before pulling him into a hug.

"W-what are you doing?" He frowned.

"Just hug me." I rolled my eyes.

I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and rest his chin on my shoulder.

"So do you forgive me?" He whispered.

"Honestly," I sighed. "You should be the one forgiving me. I've been hurting you a lot these past couple of weeks. I'm so sorry, Calum."

I nodded and pulled away, looking up at him. "Of course. I don't hold grudges."

Calum smiled. "That's one of the things I've always liked about you, Mia. You always look at the birght side of a person."

I smiled and shrugged. "Everyone deserves second chances."

"Friends?" He bit his lip.

"Friends."

*

I went home alone that day. Normally Luke and I walk together, but he wasn't at school. I knew he went because I walked to school with him, but he disappeared at lunch. I tried texting and calling him but he never answered. I was a little worried that he left me again for Madison.

When I got home, I threw my bag down in the corner of my room and went downstairs, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. I took a sip of it before putting it down and running my fingers through my hair. The worry that filled my stomach grew more and more every second. I sighed and went out the back, staring at the pool. A few minutes later, I decided to head back inside.

When I turned around, I felt two strong hands grab my waist and soft lips crash against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled away a little.

"Luke, you scared me."

Luke just smirked and pushed me against the wall gently. "Sorry."

I looked up at him and bit down on my lip, blushing a little. He shook his head and chuckled before kissing me again, this time, more rough. I immediately kissed back but pulled away for a breath.

"Luke?"

"Hm?"

"Why weren't you at school?"

"I skipped." He mumbled.

"Oh." I nodded and looked down. I looked back up at him.

"Luke?"

"Hm?"

"Kiss me again."

-

go to church

it took me an hour to write this bc i got distracted by barbie.com