Chapter 11: Bryce

Loren's POV

Arriving back to Killian's apartment, I was still high from our date. So much had happened in the last few hours. I wasn't sure how I was feeling. I wasn't even sure how he was feeling.

I mean he had brought me on this wonderful date and had taken me out on for a ride in his helicopter but what were his intentions? He was the CEO of this company so these were all easy for him to do. With his looks and money, he was probably a well sought out man. I was nobody. I wasn't rich and I wasn't nearly as attractive as the other women he could get. So why me?

"Are you hungry?" He asked as he shut the door.

"No, but can I have some water please?"

With that he walked into the kitchen as I sat on the couch. A few minutes later her returned with two glasses. One filled with water and another with ice. His jacket was gone and the sleeves of his light blue shirt were rolled halfway up his forearms, showing off multiple veins on either arm. He walked over to a small cart against the wall and grabbed a crystal decanter filled with an amber liquid, pouring some of it into the cup.

I thanked him as he handed me the glass and sat beside me on the couch. I took my heels off one by one, feeling instant relief. It felt like there were a million tiny needles poking into the bottoms of my feet. Letting out a sigh of relief, I stretched my legs out in front of me. I hadn't realized how long I had worn these torture devices for.

I looked over to Killian who was taking a sip of his whiskey, his laptop now on his lap. His eyes were glued to the screen as he read whatever was on it. Taking another gulp of my water, I stood and walked over to the large window in front of us. The sound of soft typing now behind me.

The city's lights shined from all directions and the moon's reflection glistened in the bay. The beautiful thing about being in the city was being surrounded by so many people; each of them the main character of their own story. We all had a purpose and we all had a dream. We all had friends, families, and enemies. None of us were perfect but we were all living with the same goal; to be better. At least that is what I hoped.

I mean, we could all be better. Be better humans, spouses, parents, friends, teachers, workers, or better students. There is always something that we could work on. The main question however was if we would work on it.

The typing behind me stopped and I heard what sounded like the laptop being placed on the table. I flinched as a strong hand made its way to my waist.

"Like I said, you're always drawn to good views" Ian spoke, his voice soft and deep. If I had been an inch farther away I wouldn't have been able to hear him.

Leaning into him, I closed my eyes. "Theres always a story that comes with the view" I finally responded.

It was silent but I could feel him slowly nod his head, letting out a deep breath.

"Are you tired?" He finally asked

"A little bit, but..." I trailed off remembering I didn't bring any clothes with me.

"But what?"

"I, uh.. I don't have anything to change into.." I could feel a blush creeping into my cheeks.

"Just sleep naked then" he chuckled and smirked at me.

"Killian!" I smacked him on the chest, "I'm serious" I pouted and crossed my arms.

"Well I don't have anything here that would fit you, but i'm sure I can find a shirt to give you." He winked, making it seem like he only had one extra shirt in his house.