Chapter 14: First Job

Just noticed we reached over 1k reads! Thanks for reading and hope you all continue to enjoy the story! :)

The two slept peacefully throughout the night. The morning came rather quickly, for Cobra anyways. He was shooke awake and boy was he grumpy. Natsu had woken him, considering that it was 12:43pm and that he wanted to head to the Guild. Cobra got up, with an annoyed expression and had bags under his eyes. ".... You better have a pretty good explanation for waking me up so early you bastard.." He hissed at Natsu who only sighed. "One: its already 12:44pm, two: I wanna go to the guild and do a job. So you have to come too." It hadn't even felt like after 12 in the afternoon for Cobra. He was still tired but decided to get up.

"Aren't you gonna shower..?" Natsu asked seeing him come out the bathroom, not hearing the shower. "I have nothing else to wear." Natsu looked at him with a straight face. "You can't just.. Not shower.." "Give me something to put on then." Cobra replied a little irritated at what he herd him thought. 'I swear.. I'd bash his face in if I could.. I am not dirty and disgusting..' He thought to himself as he folded his arms. "Fine. Find something in my closet, but we're buying you clothes when we get some money." He replied while adjusting his vest and fixing his slippers. "I'll be at the guild. Come there when you're done and we can go and do a job." Natsu smiled at him before running out of the house, leaving Cobra standing there watching his retreating figure. "Guess I'll look for something." Cobra headed over to the closet and began searching through. Finding a load of Vests and Pants. He found a few shirts but they either looked too small or it didn't suit him. He sweat dropped thinking of what he would look like in an outfit similar to Natsu's before sighing and finally picking something out. He wasted no time heading into the bathroom to take a warm shower. Preparing to take on the day.

Cobra was now on his way to the guild. He had on a red vest with a flame insignia on it and a yellow outline, white baggy pants that were black and tight down to the ankles, and his regular black shoes. As he walked through town he received a lot of stares, he also could hear their thoughts. 'What's he doing here again?' 'What is he wearing?' 'He looks ridiculous' 'What a hunk!' Some were disturbing, annoying or just plain creepy for him, but did his best to ignore them and head to the Guild. He arrived within a few minutes. As he opened the double doors and walked in, most of the people gathered there turned and looked to him. Just staring. Upon spotting Natsu and the others be walked over to them, making Lucy turn white as she saw him and Gray laugh. "What the hell are you wearing!?" Lucy finally asked, now her original color. "Natsu insisted that I change so... I had no choice.." Annoyance clearly being heard in his voice, making Natsu frown. "Its not that bad.. You actually look good in that." Gray had finally calmed himself from laughing. "You look just as ridiculous as that pyro wearing that! You seriously need new clothes!" He sighed. "That's why I'm here.. He wanted to come and take a job so.. I'll use whatever money I earn to get some clothes." Cobra said pointing to Natsu with his thumb as he spoke. Come to think of it, Natsu hadn't retorted to Gray's insult of him. He just stood there staring at Cobra, as if he was lost. Erza looked to Natsu as she asked why he didn't come earlier so they could have gone but, she got nothing out of him. The others finally noticed and snapped him back into reality. "Natsu!" "What!?" "Were you just daydreaming, staring at me? You said you wanted to do a job, hurry up and pick one so we can get this over with and I'll be out of these clothes." He answered with his still annoyed tone. Annoyed at the fact he looked somewhat ridiculous in these clothing, which showed off more skin than he was used too. Natsu just grunted and left for the request board. "Did he just..." Gray asked letting his sentence trail, with a surprised expression. Lucy had a sinister smile. "Yes he did." "That's.. Not usual.." Erza said looking at the boy standing by the board before looking to Lucy surprised. "So. It looks like you were right..." Cobra didn't know what they meant so he asked. "What are you guys talking about? Right about what?" "Natsu likes youuuuuu, and I don't mean that 'friendly' like." He fell silent.