Chapter 5: Jail

Took a while to update. Been so busy with work and school, anyways, enjoy the new chapter!

Having been arrested by the Council, Cobra had already been processed and placed into his own Jail Cell. It was pretty big, had a bed a toilet and a sink. "Well.. At least its sanitary..." He muttered mostly to himself not realizing that the cell across from him held another prisoner. "You're lucky.. Mine sucks.." The sudden complaint from the person made him spin around, the voice sounded familiar. "Angel?" He now knew, it was one of his ex-partners from Oracion Seis.

The first few weeks weren't as bad as one might think, being locked up day in and day out was depressing, but at least he had company to speak with. He told her what had happened between him and Brain, about how he has friends now. "Ya know Cobra... That kind of hurts. Thought we were friends." Even without his magic, he sensed the slight sarcasm in her voice. "Well if we were.. You had a shitty way of showing it." She folded her arms and pouted. "No I didn't. I cared for you the most of out of all those weirdos." Cobra just snickered and sat up on his bed. "Well.. Either way, we're friends now... I guess?" She put her chin in her hand and pretended to think hard. "Hmmm well fine. I'll allow you to be my friend." Cobra's eye twitched but he decided to drop it.

About an hour later, a guard came and unlocked Cobra's cell. "You have visitors." Wordlessly, he knew who it was. Angel was curious too know, but Cobra just gave her the 'I'll be back later' sign and walked away with the guard. After walking for about 3 minutes, they arrived in a moderately sized room filled with books and with a table and a few chairs. In 4 of them were Natsu and the rest of his team. "Yo. What's up?" Natsu wore his genuine toothy grin as he greeted Cobra. "Nice to see you again." Cobra said with a smile as he took a seat on the opposite side of the table. They chatted and joked around for about an hour and a half about how things have gone since the Nirvana incident. "I see you haven't changed..." He said as he watched Erza joyfully eat a slice of strawberry cake. "Of course not. This is a delicacy I shall never quit." "So I've noticed..." Cobra averted his gaze to see Natsu and Gray arguing about something, that quickly escalated into a fight. He didn't really mind, he just liked the fact of staring at Natsu. Wonder why? "Knock it off!!" Erza shouted angrily causing the two to hug with a frightened smile. "Yes Ma'am!" Cobra just laughed and watched as they got their scolding, but was only staring at Natsu's nervous face. "Your staring, something up?" Cobra snapped his head to the side while looking down at the floor. "N-Nothing.. Just.. I have to use the bathroom." He quickly got up. "I'll be back." He headed to the bathroom, with the annoying watch guard following him. When he got in, he just washed his face and looked in the mirror. 'What the hell was that... I just couldn't.. Stop staring at him.. And that face he was making.. It actually looked cute... Ugh. I'd better stop thinking like this.' He grabbed a hand towel and dried off his face before making his way back to the room to his visitors.

As he walked in, he saw them sitting down. Natsu and Gray had sores on their head, most likely from being punished from Erza and Lucy and Happy were gone. "Where did they..." "They went to gramps, he's working on getting you out." Natsu said with a wide grin plastered on his face, Gray and Erza face-palmed. "You idiot.. It was supposed to be a surprise." "Dam fire spewing lizard.. Can't keep your mouth shut for a minute." Natsu got angry off that last comment from Gray. "What was that you stripping piece of ice!?" Before it went any further, Erza chimed in. "If you two don't shut up I'll kill you both!" They both settled down in their seats quietly. "Well.. We know the one with authority here..." Cobra took his seat once again. "Also, thanks... But why are you trying to get me out? I doubt they would ever agree to such a thing.. Also... The amount of crimes I've done isn't exactly something to spend just a few weeks in jail.." The three looked at each other then back at him, serious as ever. "We figured you might say something like that. Its not that... You should completely forget about those crimes.. But use it as a guide through life." Erza said in a 'matter of fact' tone. "We've all been through something that has made us into who were are... And its helped guide us on the right path. You just got lost." "So we're helping out.. We're your friends after all. Its what friends do." Cobra was left speechless through their little speeches. "Yeah... I heard it all for myself.. Even when we first met." He averted his gaze to Erza having remembered that it was during their confrontation that he learned she was also a prisoner at the Tower of Heaven. "You've all proven your point. I don't enjoy this place to be honest.. So I'll take my get out of jail card." He said with a smirk, the other smiled and nodded. Of course Natsu had the biggest smile of all times, which interestingly made Cobra a little happier.

After a few more minutes Lucy came back in the room with Happy on her head, both looking happy. "So? How'd it go?" Natsu asked watching as she sat. "How did what go? I told you i.. Uh... Went to the bathroom!" The others looked at her nervous figure strangely before speaking. "Its alright Lucy, big mouth here already told him." Natsu got quickly annoyed by Gray, but A glare from Erza made him ignore it. "Oh.. Good job Natsu. Anyways, after some weird and complicated persuading and agreements... They decided to release you!" "See? Now you're gonna be free-" Lucy interrupted Natsu before he finished. "But... Not now. Next year... Sometime during January." The room was quiet for a while, but they wore their happy expressions again. "That's only a month and a half away, that's still an accomplishment. Gramps really pulled out all the stops to get the council to agree!" In a flash, Gray stripped causing Lucy to shriek like a little girl. "You know... You're naked..." Cobra said as he pointed down in non-caring way. "Honestly... You need to outgrow that stripping habit."

It was now night, Natsu and Gray had gotten into their 3rd or 4th fight of the day and had been stopped by Erza. "They're being punished again." Lucy just laughed as she stood beside Cobra watching Erza scold the two as if they were children. "You know.. It'll be great that you'll be released. Where do you plan to go?" Lucy asked causing him to think. He hadn't thought of that, he had more than enough time to think of it though, since he will still be in for another month and a half. "I'm not sure.. My main priority is too find my friend.. Cubellious.. I haven't thought of after.." Lucy smiled and looked forward at the three. "You should join Fairy Tail. Its a fun place to be.. You'd have a great family. Also.. You'd fit in just fine. I just know it." He gave her a look before smiling. "Well now that you say that... I have no choice but to join... Besides. It'd be kind of rude of me.. Seeing as how it is your master that is getting me out if here."

They bid their farewells as they left the visitors room, leaving Cobra alone before the guard came and escorted him back to his jail cell. As the guard left Angel posed a question. "That was long.. Who was it?" Cobra flopped down in his bed and began staring out the small window in his cell. "Just some friends... Some really great friends." He wore a smile as he said this.

I took forever with this but school and work are being bitches at the moment. Don't hesitate to comment and tell me what you think!