Chapter 17: Sightseeing

It was now the next morning. Cobra woke up rather grumpy. His eyes were a bit swollen and red and his body ached, probably from the back-to-back jobs he's been doing to take his mind off of things. He got up and went to the bathroom. Staring at his own reflection he sighed. 'You look pathetic... Why is one person causing all of this...?' He thought to himself before deciding to take a shower.

As the warm water trickled down his tan skin, he began reflect on life. Things that have recently happened. He's fought a battle to the death with Dragons. Recently found his life long friend Cubellious. Joined Fairy Tail, had a stupid fight and now. Heartbroken. 'Fuck it.. Yes. I feel like shit now.. I don't even know..' He inwardly admitted. He remembered events of 7 years ago. His fight with Natsu, going against Zero, saving him from imminent death, even seeing his family in a dream. 'That was.. When it all began huh... And I guess I can't get over it.' He thought to himself before finishing up his shower, and drying off.

As he came out and got dressed, he wore something different today. A Sleeveless Tank Top with Dark Red (almost black) pants and Black shoes. As he walked out into the kitchen, he saw Saito's mom, Yoko. "Good Morning! Finally awake I see." Yoko greeted him as she was washing the dishes. "Morning.. Yeah.. Is it late?" "11:56am.. I guess it is." She responded, making Cobra sweat drop. "I guess.. I must have been tired.." Before anyone could say anything else, Saito came running out wearing a towel and hugged Cobra's waist. "You're finally up! You sleep for so long, I was getting bored!" Cobra smiled a bit and rubbed his head. "Yeah.. I came in late so I guess thats why I slept so long. Remember what I told you a few days ago?" He nodded wearing a big grin. "Yup! You said we'd go out and have fun today!" "He wanted to wake you up early, but I figured you need your sleep so I restrained him." Yoko walked over while drying her hands with a towel. "Now Saito, go and finish getting ready. And don't forget to dry your hair, I'm sure you don't want to be sick now do you?" The little boy agreed and ran back into his room to finish getting ready. "Have a seat, I'll warm up your breakfast for you." "Thanks." Yoko smiled and walked over to the microwave.

Cobra sat at the table waiting for the timer to run up, but was deep in thought. He had been living here for a while now and wondered what had happened with Saito's father. He wanted to ask but it would seem a bit.. Out of place for him. Yoko snapped back into reality as she placed the plate of breakfast before him and sat down. "You seem to be having some problems. Care to talk?" She had a nice smile. He liked that about her, reminded him about someone.

"Its.. Nothing." He decided to keep it to himself. He ate, slowly but surely. He didn't have much apetitie but ate all figuring he wouldn't eat for the rest of the day. "Its only been about two weeks since you've been living here, but its like your a second son to me." Cobra stopped eating and looked at her. "That sounds silly.. I know I know. I do tend to get attached to people quckly. I guess that's why I took you in after that night so easily. Even so, I don't like seeing you like this. Something is bothering you.. But when you feel like talking, I'll be here for you. Any time." She smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder. Hearing her say that was a little surprising, but it made him feel better inside. "Thanks.. I appreciate that." He smirked and stood up. "Now. I have a promise to fulfill. He should be out in.. 3..2..1." On cue, Saito ran out of the room beside Cobra. "Alright! I'm ready!" He tugged on Cobras hand. "Alright alright. Your too excited you know! Let's go." Cobra took his hand and they walked to the door. "Bye mom!" Yoko smiled and waved at her excited son leaving. "I'll see you later.. Yoko." "Yup. Take care you two. And don't eat too much sweets!" Saito puffed out his cheeks and frowned, he had hope she'd forget not to tell him that. After the two left, Yoko took up Cobra three-quarrer way finished breakfast. "He didn't even finish eating. He knows how impatient he is all too well." She laughed a little and quickly disposed of the rest to wash the plate.