After the Rainfall: Vigilantes (Episode 11)

After the Rainfall: Episode 11

"Vigilantes"

One Week Later...

Momo is sitting down by herself and a notebook. She is clearly deep in thought about something. Seeing this, Kyoka and Mina approach her. Momo doesn't notice the two for a few moments, but Kyoka taps her on the shoulder causing Momo to inch backward in surprise.

Kyoka: Yao-momo, what are you doing down there?

Momo: Kyoka, Mina... Oh, It's nothing, really...

Momo looks down at her notebook with visible diffidence in her expression. Mina easily notices how downcast Momo is looking, and she takes a seat beside her.

Mina: Yao-momo, we can tell something's wrong. Come on, you can tell us! We're your friends.

Kyoka: Why are you still writing in your notebook? We don't have school for, like, another week.

Momo: It's, um... about Shoto.

Mina: Is Todoroki making you sad, Yao-momo?

Kyoka: Tsk — It was only a matter of time before he'd say something stupid. What'd he do?

Momo: Oh, nothing's wrong between us. In fact, I think the two of us are even closer now. He really is the best boyfriend I could've ever asked for...

Mina: Then what's on your mind, Yao-momo...?

Momo: See, that's the thing! He's an amazing boyfriend; he's too much of an amazing boyfriend! He makes me so happy everyday I see him... Everyday I wake up, he's always making sure I'm okay. He treats me like a princess, and I can't be thankful enough for that...

The problem is, I'm not sure if I can be as good a partner as him. He says that all he wants from me is my love, but I'm not sure if I'll be happy by just doing that! I want to be able to show him exactly how much he means to me, and I'm going to start today!

Kyoka: Yao-momo, have you tried telling that to his face?

Momo: Hm? Not yet — why?

Kyoka: I mean, I'm not one to say, but communication really is the key for a healthy relationship. I'm sure Todoroki will be really happy just from hearing you say all that.

Momo: U-Um... you see, the thing is — I'm planning on a surprise for Shoto.

Mina: Ooh, a surprise?! Spill, Yao-momo, we wanna help!

Momo: I'm planning to go out on a date with him on his birthday on the eleventh...

Mina: *Gasp* That's in two days!

Kyoka: I have an idea. Why don't you go out with him early in the morning, and we'll work on a surprise birthday party while you're gone?

Mina: We'll turn off all of the lights when you two arrive, then we'll all jump out of hiding! Todoroki's going to be super surprised!

Momo: That's an amazing idea, you two! I think we still have leftover decorations from last week's party.

Mina: And we still have all the balloons and streamers you made for Ochaco's birthday two weeks ago!

Kyoka: Ladies, I think we have a plan in the works!

Both Momo's expression and mood lift up after making the new plan. She immediately stands up, and hugs her two friends.

Momo: You two are the best!

Mina: *Muffled* We love you too, Yao-momo!

Kyoka: Who do you think we should invite? People might get sick of all the parties we're throwing...