Under the Rainfall: Forgive and Forget (Episode 23)

Under the Rainfall: Episode 23

"Forgive and Forget"

Katsuki and Shoto are strolling by a sidewalk at the foot of the U.A. Hill. Katsuki stops when they finally arrive at the cafè where he and Momo would see each other regularly.

Shoto: Is this the place?

Katsuki: Yup — Best bubble tea in the city might I add.

Shoto: Bakugo, I don't want to seem like an obsessive boyfriend, but what do you and Momo do when you two meet up here?

Katsuki: Calm your tits. Yaoyorozu and I just order drinks, and talk about whatever: school, homework, whatever's going on... Normal platonic conversation.

Shoto: Oh... That's alright then I guess.

Katsuki and Shoto idly stand before the cafè.

Shoto: Hey, Bakugo — Can I ask you an... odd question?

Katsuki: Shoot. Got nothin' better to do anyways.

Shoto: Do you have a "crush"...?

Katsuki goes red, not from anger, but from being flustered.

Katsuki: The f-fuck?! Where the fuck did THAT come from?

Shoto: I dunno. I just thought that we were bonding anyway, might as well. If you want, I can tell you mine. *Whisper* Don't tell anybody, but I have a crush on Momo.

Katsuki: I... think I already deduced that...?

Shoto: Oh, really? How?

Katsuki: *Facepalm* Just... stop talking...

Shoto: Okay, I guess...

Shoto begins walking to the entrance of the cafè.

...

Katsuki: *Sigh* Utsushimi.

Shoto turns back to face Katsuki.

Shoto: Huh?

Katsuki: Utsushimi... — Camie? From the provisional license training. I think she's... a little cute.

Shoto: Huh...

Katsuki: Aren't you gonna like... laugh or something?

Shoto: No, of course not. You gave me an honest answer, and I don't think that's anything to laugh about. Thanks, Bakugo.

Katsuki, expecting Shoto to make fun of him but didn't, gives Shoto a genuine smirk. He then begins walking alongside him to the cafè entrance.

Katsuki: You're really somethin' else, Half-n'-Half.

Shoto opens the door to the cafè, and he along with Katsuki scan the immediate area for any sign of Momo.

Shoto: Where is she?

Katsuki: ...Look, there she is — by the window.

Katsuki points to a window seat. Shoto sees Momo staring somberly out the window as raindrops continuously tap against the glass. She hadn't even ordered anything, evidenced by the empty table in front of her.

Shoto: Momo-!

Katsuki grabs Shoto by the arm before he can move forward.

Shoto: Bakugo?

Katsuki: Look, Yaoyorozu's probably in a shitty mood, and you need to cheer her up. Here, take this...

Katsuki hands Shoto enough yen for two drinks.