After the Rainfall: Izuku and Ochaco - Countdown (Episode 5)

After the Rainfall: Episode 5

"Izuku and Ochaco: Countdown"

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

Izuku opens the door to Katsuki's room. Izuku shyly waves and smiles, but Katsuki is too busy looking at his phone to notice. He finally notices Izuku standing in his room, but he only continues texting — not even initiating eye contact.

Izuku: Hi, Kacchan.

Katsuki: I don't have any more ice cream, Deku.

Izuku: Wh-What? I-I... wasn't going to ask you for ice cream, silly! Wh-Where... did you even get *that* idea?

Katsuki: You're an open book, nerd.

Izuku: *Sigh* It was worth a shot...

Katsuki: Okay, bye. I'm busy, so get the hell outta here.

Izuku: O-Okay, Kacchan — Bye-bye...

As Izuku begins walking back to the exit in a glum manner, his phone, along with Katsuki's go off at the same time. The two simultaneously check their phones to see that All Might had sent them both a text message.

Katsuki: Huh, it's All Might.

Izuku: "Young Midoriya, I will be having surprise guests over tonight. They will be attending the party that your class will be hosting. I will be coming too, so be sure to put on a smile and to greet them wholeheartedly."

Katsuki: Ugh... That's just great. Now I'm actually gonna have to dress up.

Katsuki notices Izuku in the corner of his room twiddling with his fingers.

Izuku: So, u-um... Kacchan?

Katsuki: Spit it out.

Izuku: U-Um, you see... the thing is...

Katsuki: "u-uMM, y0u SEe, tHE thinG lS... UwU" ...You realize how stupid you sound right now?

Izuku: Don't make fun of me, that's mean!

Katsuki: Then just tell me what the fuck's up?

Izuku timidly approaches Katsuki with his phone in his hand.

Katsuki: Yeah, that's Uraraka's number. What of it?

Izuku: U-Umm... I wanna be able to text her without getting all shy. Whenever she messages me, I get all nervous, and my heart starts racing. I begin typing things that are really cringeworthy...

Katsuki: Tsk... It can't be THAT bad. Give me the phone.

Izuku: O-Okay.

Izuku hands Katsuki his phone, and he begins scrolling through Izuku's past messages with Ochaco. Katsuki suddenly has the urge to vomit after the endless wall of hearts and cheesy proclamations of love that had been typed out.

Izuku: Well...?

Katsuki: You need SERIOUS fucking help! Like holy fucking shit, I almost barfed just READING this! Like, look at this — Both of you have been texting "I love you!" and other shit for so long!

Izuku: Is that bad?

Katsuki: YES, it's bad! Do you know how short a relationship lasts without meaningful conversations?

Izuku: W-Well, Ochaco and I aren't... in a "relationship" relationship.

Katsuki: And there it is.

Izuku: Kacchan, I'm confused...

Katsuki: Deku, you need to man the fuck up, and ask her to be your girlfriend!

Izuku suddenly begins blushing at the mere thought of having a girlfriend.