Jake Brockman- Trend (h)

Outnumbered One Shot

You'd never thought you'd fall into that cliché category of falling for your best friend. You thought that Jake would just stay your best friend and that would be that.

The two of you had been friends for well over 10 years and both of you had even ended up at the same university.

The fact that you had started to live with the Brockman's too hadn't really helped your whole feelings for Jake thing.

Your family had moved over two hours away when you'd finished college, but your university was only half an hour away from the Brockman's house.

It had been Sue's suggestion that you moved in with them, to save you money on university accommodation mainly as whilst you paid them rent it wasn't anywhere near university prices.

Recently you had been getting some signals from Jake that he might feel the same way and whilst the thought of that terrified you, the thought of actually having something with him overpowered the slight terror.

You weren't a stranger to TikTok and there had been a trend going around recently of people kissing their best friends to just see what happened – a part of you really wanted to try it.

After a few days of thinking about it you had worked up the courage to give the trend a shot and if it didn't work then at least you could tell yourself you tried.

"Hey cutie," Jake greeted you as he walked into your room.

You smiled at him and held your arms out for a hug, he all but ran at you to tackle you onto your bed.

Once you got him to sit normally you went to where you had your phone set up to press record, you couldn't really hide it from Jake, but you just hoped he wouldn't question you.

Luckily for you he didn't, and he just sat as the music started playing, you sat down next to him before taking a deep breath.

You hesitantly kissed him before you could talk yourself out of it but when you realised Jake hadn't moved you went to pull away.

Of course, Jake was surprised when you leant over to kiss him, he'd been wanting to do that for ages, but he panicked when he felt you pulling back.

He moved to wrap his arm around your waist but as he did, so he fell down on your bad, effectively pulling you down with him.

"This isn't how I expected this to end," you joked as Jake kept his arms around your waist.

He chuckled before moving to rest his forehead against yours, his eyes staring deep into yours.

You felt your cheeks heating up at the pure intimacy of the moment which made Jake smile.

One of his hands moved from your waist to rest on your cheek, and the pad of his thumb started to rub gently against your skin.

Gaining the courage, you wrapped one of your arms over his waist causing him to pull you closer as he wanted your arms around him too.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered as he stared into your eyes. "And I don't think the whole best friend thing is a good idea anymore."

The compliment caused you to blush even more, but his latter words scared you, he must've realised this from your expression as he was quick to soothe you by kissing you.

You both quickly got lost in the kiss, this time Jake was prepared for it and he couldn't get over how right it felt.

"So, by the whole no more best friend thing?" you questioned when you pulled away.

Jake chuckled, manoeuvring himself and you so that he ended up on his back and your head was pillowed on his chest.

You leant up on your elbow so that you could look down at him and the smile that greeted you told you that your TikTok trend was all worth it.

"I reckon we can upgrade you from the title of best friend," he stated, his hand moving to your cheek again. "I'd like to offer you the title of girlfriend."

~*~

Written by Hannah,

Tumblr Request.