Ivar Ragnarsson- Chariot (a)

Vikings One Shot

"Do you really think it is worth fighting against your brothers?" Ivar stood proudly overlooking the battlefield. If it were not for the opposing army stood only a bow shot away, you would not know that an army of Ivar's brothers and the murderer of his mother stood firmly and strongly.

"If it is what it must be done, then so be it." Ivar smirked devilishly with fire and hunger in his wide eyes. "I am not scared to slaughter my brothers and that bitch Lagertha, in fact I will take great, great pleasure in pulling that woman's head from her shoulders and I am sure the gods are looking down waiting for me to fulfil that promise." He struggled to free his eyes from the forces across the battlefield. It was hard to tell but you could only presume from his stagnant pupils he had locked gazes with one of his brothers from across the battlefield, the only one in sight was the oldest, Bjorn. "Look at them." He spat with hatred onto the dirt beside his chariot. "Pathetic aren't they. How can a wench like Lagertha kill your mother and you don't have the balls to do anything about it? Ubbe, do not worry, you just stand there and twiddle your axe in your hands, I always knew he was weak." Again, he spat.

"Surely it is worth doing what you can to make a deal? Plead with them to take your offers." You begged.

"Are you crazy?" He scoffed, finally breaking his gaze from the enemy's frontline. "Unless Lagertha takes to offer to trip and fall onto the blade of my axe and Bjorn and the rest of those arselickers happily give up the seat of Kattegat with a vow to never return, I don't think we can come to an accord." Ivar could not help but smile at the thought of embedding his axe into Lagetha's stomach, ripping her entrails from the fleshy prison that encased them and tying them viciously so that they would drag along the forest floor as he rode towards his next conquer. "Come now." He gave the nod to his right, a wide armed Viking held his horn high into the air and blew a mighty gust into it, the tone echoed over the empty hills as the stampede of Vikings from both sides charged at each other with unmatched bloodlust.

~*~

Written by Aaron.