Benedict Bridgerton- Sketch (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

Someone cleared their voice forcing you to look up to see a man stood over you, his hands held behind his back, a gentle smile upon his face. You clutched the sketchbook you had been using to your chest, not wishing for him to see what was upon the page in fear of judgement over your artistic ability or the mere judgement that came from a woman with any interest past marriage and children.

"You are Lord Y/S/N's daughter, correct?" The man asked.

You scrambled yourself to your feet, discarding the drawings and art supplies into the grass hoping they would disappear along with yourself. You did your best to brush off your skirt and stand like the lady you were meant to be, hoping not to have grass stains upon your pale skirts.

"Sir, please do not tell my father of what you have witnessed, he already believes I shall be in a spinster, if he knew I was sat in the grass in such attire, he would likely ship me to a nunnery," you begged.

The man let out a chuckle. "I have no plans to speak with your father."

You didn't know the man past recognising him but was unable to place his name to his face. Most men in London were familiar with your father and through that, yourself, but that didn't mean you were capable of recollecting all of their names.

He crouched down, picking up the discarded sketchbook. You wished to snatch it from his fingers but knew you were already on thin ice, let alone if you were to attack the man to retrieve the art you were not expected to create.

"Please do not look at those," you pleaded.

It was already too late. The man had flicked open the cover to reveal pages of sketches of many objects things that may be mundane but offered you a chance to strengthen your drawing skills. He made his way through until he reached the sketches you had been doing when he arrived of the nearby flowers.

"You are very talented," he smiled. "Do you have any work beyond sketching?"

You shook your head. "You are too kind, sir. My father forbodes me from pursuing any skills past those that help within running a home, however I enjoy art, but this is as far as I can work without upsetting him too much. I enjoy learning about botany, and I cannot find anything more beautiful to draw."

"Well, I would love to see what else you are capable of, it is no surprise however that such a beautiful woman can create such beautiful art."

Your cheeks reddened as you tried your best to keep a level head and not make a complete fool of yourself.

"You are a very charming gentlemen."

"Charming enough to ask to escort you to Lady Worthington's party tonight?" He asked, holding out a hand to you.

Resting your hand into his, you smiled at him fondly. "But I know not your name."

"Benedict Bridgerton," he said raising your hand to his lips.

"Y/F/N Y/S/N," you whispered, your voice becoming hoarse from nerves. "I would be delighted for you to join me at the party tonight."

Benedict dropped your hand, returning your sketchbook to you.

"I look forward to seeing you tonight," he smiled. "I shall have to escort you through the gardens, Lady Worthington is known for her gorgeous flora within her ornate gardens. Maybe you could talk with me about what we see?"

"I would love to, Mr Bridgerton."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.