Lagertha- Ragnar (a)

Vikings One Shot

"That cheating BASTARD!" Lagertha unleashed a torrent of grunts as she sunk three heavy headed axes into the effigy from the great distance at which she stood. With a primal, short lived shout she ran her hands through her intricately braided hair as she marched up to retrieve her weapons. "I cannot believe he would lie with that WHORE." It did not take long for those blades to be deeply lodged again in the chest of the training mannequin. "How long do you think it took for him to decide to throw away his wife, son and daughter just for that so-called princess."

"That my dear Lagertha, is simply the weakness of men. It has been the same since the day Ymir's flesh became the ground we walk upon. Unfortunately, I do not think it is something that will ever change. A woman opens her legs and most men would not think twice before diving in, not all men of course but a vast majority. Of course, do not think I am defending that fiend, as far as I am concerned, I think you should leave him where he stands. He is nothing without you behind him."

Lagertha sunk her axes deeply into the soils beside the target.

"But it is not just me that I have to worry about. You are fortunate, you could smash the skull of your husband if he pissed you off enough and you would have little to worry about past finding an extra pair of hands to till the field." With despair in her eyes you joined Lagertha in making your way to her home, to prepare dinner, for Ragnar no less.

"You could always just slip a little something into his food." You jested, gesturing to the toxic hemlock that grew around the town's boundaries. "A leaf here, a leaf there, I highly doubt that he would notice."

"Very funny y/n. Please do not tempt me, I have envisioned the blade of my axe cracking his thick skull in two more times than you could possibly imagine. It would be so simple too, wait until he is asleep and then no more Ragnar. Of course I would never, far too many people depend on him, and obviously he is still my husband."

"I guess you will have to do it the boring way then and just not speak with him, staring at each other awkwardly from across the market square."

"I think I prefer the other option."

~*~

Written by Aaron.