Adam Goodman- Bedroom (a)

Friday Night Dinner One Shot

You and Adam hid behind the sturdily locked door of Adam's old bedroom as the furious fists of Mr. Morris pounded on the soon to be dented hardwood.

"BLOODY RUTHERFORDS!" Mr. Morris shouted in his coarse, overly proud voice as the banging continued on and on. At this point you couldn't even remember what had set the volcanic old man off, just that it was something about buttons and pineapples.

"I'm sorry my gran decided to bring her latest courtship to dinner tonight... what a fantastic first impression we have all managed to give you." Adam perched on the end of his old bed and almost reluctantly invited you over to join him. "If he manages to punch his way through the door, I promise I'll let you plummet to your death from the window first."

"I wouldn't worry too much. Between your neighbour and the three-foot hulk out there at least meeting my boyfriend's parents is going to be a memorable event." Adam's ears perked and his head turned slightly, giving you a small glimpse of his coy smile.

"Boyfriend?" You felt him looking at you through the corner of his eye. "I thought we were going to wait before making anything official, save rushing into anything?"

"To be honest I don't know if either of us are going to make it out of here alive, so really there's no time like the present. If they do find nothing but two corpses in here, I would like for mine to be the corpse of someone that at least had one relationship in their life."

"I WILL have another heart attack!" You heard from beyond the door. "And even through that I will still happily whoop your backside for the absolute SLANDER that I have heard tonight."

"Wow, he really knows how to set a moment doesn't he."

"If you don't want to make it official, we don't have to." You rested your hand softly on top of his. "We can keep going casual if you want, but I was going to ask you after dinner if meeting your parents went well anyway."

"Oh I see, and you realised that meeting my parents was an absolute shitshow so it's better to get it out of the way with now and then... we never see each other again." Adam pulled his hand away and wrapped his arm snugly around your side, pulling you in closely. "I hope you didn't have any plans after dinner, last time he rampaged around the house we were stuck locked out for hours."

~*~

Written by Aaron.