Sheldon Cooper- Feelings (h)

The Big Bang Theory One Shot

In theory visiting your twin brother should have been a rather simple trip, there shouldn't have been any feasible reason for it to be such an effort.

However, your brother's friends were incapable of being low effort.

As soon as Leonard had told them all that you were going to be visiting, they had not stopped asking him questions.

Bernadette and Penny had already met you the last time you went to visit Leonard and Penny had dragged you out on a girly night of drinking.

But you were yet to meet both Howard and Raj.

You had been warned that Raj talking to you was a 50/50 toss up whilst Howard was likely to try and make you laugh with his terrible jokes.

Sheldon though, you had a soft spot for Sheldon.

The two of you could have conversations for hours and it never seemed as if the two of you would run out of topics to talk about – it was refreshing.

Penny had offered to pick you up from the airport and you were beyond happy to be back with your best girlfriend.

"I should be jealous at how excited Leonard is to see you," she commented as the two of you walked into the apartment block.

You laughed as you prepared to carry your suitcases up numerous flights of stairs. "He's just excited to get our mother off his back for a few days."

She took your holdall to haul up the stairs but laughed at your words anyway. "I can always hear him on the phone to your mum and she just keeps telling him to see you more."

The two of you chit chatted the rest of the way up the stairs but you both stopped short when you heard Leonard's raised voice coming from the closed door of the apartment.

Penny looked to you in confusion but you motioned for her to be quiet so you could listen.

You gently placed your suitcase down on the floor and moved closer to the front door.

"You all need to remember to back off from Y/N," your brother's voice came through. "She is my sister; she is my twin and none of you are to scare her."

You heard Sheldon scoff inside. "She has met me before, so this doesn't apply to me."

"You know why it applies to you Sheldon," your brother stated. "It applies to you most of all."

Before you could even begin to understand what, your brother was on about, Penny had decided that the two of you had eavesdropped for long enough and so she pushed the door open.

"Y/N!" Leonard shouted in surprise as you walked through the door.

You laughed as your twin came forward to wrap you up in a hug. "Hello brother of mine," you greeted which made him laugh as well.

"Don't worry about your girlfriend struggling here!" Penny spoke up from the doorway making you move away from Leonard so you could help Penny with your bags.

You waved over at Sheldon when you made eye contact with him and he smiled in return.

You knew that he didn't really hug people, but you couldn't help but wish he would hug you, his arms around you completely would make your trip.

Snapping out of your thoughts, you eventually faced the other two people in the room.

"I'm Howard," the guy you recognised as Bernadette's husband introduced himself.

He offered you his hand and you shook it. "It's nice to meet you, I'd introduce myself, but I know how much my favourite brother brags about me so I'm sure you already know everything about me."

Howard laughed, you heard Sheldon chuckle too and saw his smile out of the corner of your eye, but Howard turned to face Leonard. "I like her, we should keep her and send you away."

Leonard rolled his eyes as Penny sat down on the arm of the chair next to him.

You also moved to take a seat and so you sat down in the middle seat of the sofa, in-between Sheldon and the other friend that you were yet to properly meet.

In the back of your mind there was a voice telling you how Sheldon subtly moved closer to you and stretched his arm out across the back of the sofa, which he very rarely did.

Trying to ignore the fuzzy feeling that Sheldon being so close caused, you turned to the guy you knew as Raj, having been shown photos of him, and shot him a smile.

"Hi," you greeted him and held out your hand. "I'm Y/N, this genius' twin."

He laughed and nodded towards you. "Nice to meet you," he managed to get out whilst smiling at you.

Over the next few hours you managed to get to know Howard and Raj relatively well, you could definitely understand why they were all friends.

Throughout the whole evening though, whilst you were trying to focus on what people were saying to you all you could really focus on was how close Sheldon was to you.

Luckily for you, Leonard had decided to stay at Penny's whilst you were visiting so that left you and Sheldon in the apartment together.

Sheldon had surprisingly stayed on the sofa after everyone had left, still with his arm basically around your shoulder, and he was still there after you had changed into your pyjamas.

"What's made you decide to stay up then?" you questioned as you leant against the breakfast table.

He shrugged with a small smile. "I'm not tired yet."

You knew Sheldon relatively well and he was not known for staying up with nothing to do.

And whilst you wanted to stay up even more with him, you could practically feel your eyes drooping shut – the downsides of jet lag.

"Well I for one am shattered after that plane journey," you stated. "So, I will see you in the morning."

Sheldon smiled at you as you made your way to Leonard's bedroom, still smiling at the pure sight of you, and then let out a sigh when you were out of sight.

Unbeknownst to you Sheldon had been looking forward to you coming to visit again – you always seemed to understand him, he felt as if he could talk to you and he never needed to overexplain anything.

He'd had some issues understanding why he was looking forward to seeing you so much but eventually the penny did drop – he wanted you around, he wanted you to have a conversation with and he'd even been considering the relationship aspect of life with you.

The only issue was, even though he had an eidetic memory - he did not know how to talk to you about how he was feeling.

~*~

Written by Hannah.