Chapter 32

Louis's P.O.V.:

My Veebee is infront of me. She was little I’ll, that’s why she is not here physically. But her voice, I can hear through the technology. I can see her face. When she looks up to the screen of the phone, her eyes meet with mine. With just one look, all sadness is gone. Her whole demeanour changes. She gets back her old always happy face back. She is so angelic looking.   Though something has happened to her. What my Doctor told me is suspicious. What happened to her???

{Video call}

Louis:  Veebee, what happened to you?? Why were you in hospital? Where is Frey?? Is he okay?? Where is Zee?? Why he is not infront of camera?? Is he okay??? Are you okay??? Please say something…

Vaani:. Lou bear, you are the one in hospital, and you are worrying about us?? Do you know how much scared we were??? You could have saved Rob by another tactics. You know, how painful it was for Zee to be  scared at the same time not showing his emotions to anyone as he is the only one, who is currently taking care of Frey. Did you ever thought about Frey??

Zayn: Vee, come on, don’t be so worked up now. You can’t be in distress now. We don’t want something happen to the little one. Don’t we??

(With as calmly as Zee can be in this situation he shows me his face. Which by the way have more dark circles than he had when he first came here. He is looking pale and dull. Like till today, he got nothing but pain.)

Vaani: But Zee, don’t try to calm me down. Lou needs to learn more tactics. He could have killed himself. Can you tell me, what I would have done with Frey and the baby?? No-one knows that. No-one even gives two fuck about our lives. 

(What!! What she is talking about?? What baby?? Who's baby?)

Louis: Veebee, calm down babe. Look I am okay. You don’t need to cry. Besides, if Zee is telling you to not to cry, then it must me serious. What happened to you? Why was you here in hospital, admitted? I want Liam to come to the screen. Hazza, Nialler, they all are silent. I need to know, what is going on. What about a little baby??

(These dumbasses here are snickering and smirking. I am feeling like smacking their head now. But Ben is completely different story. Hehas the smile of adoration. What is he adoring?? )

Liam: Lou, you really are a dickhead. What do you think between us right now can get pregnant?? Zee, Nialler?? Rob?? Or Maya?? That’s what I thought, no one of them. Dumbass, if Vee is saying about the baby, then it will be her, don’t you think??

(The fuck, he is talking?? Veebee and pregnant?!! But how?? Oh my fucking god!! I did not even used any protection last time. Is she happy?? When I was planning to ask her out for marriage, this happened. What will baba and ma think?? Her society matters most to her. If it comes out, they will eat her alive by calling her names. Oh my god!! What I have done!!)

Zayn: What happened Lou? Why you are not smiling?? Fuck!!! Don’t tell me, you are not going to acknowledge the baby!!

Louis: Wha..what!! No… no.. I mean yes.. oh god!!! I mean, I am happy. But what about ma and baba. Are they happy about it?? I really don’t wanna mess up their family's beliefs. They will not be comfortable about it. Why will I not be happy Zee? But I love them so much that I don’t wanna mess up. But I already did. Only that’s why, I was upset.

Vaani: They know, already. They are happy Loubear. How can they not?? They love you and Frey. You both are precious gems to them, to me. How can you think like that? I love you Lou, please come back to me already. I can’t wait anymore.

(Light sniffles come out from her. I did something good, to get her and call her as mine and become soulmates. Now I know I did not mess up with her family beliefs and traditions).

Louis: Hey, why are you crying? Did I say that, I will not be able to go back to you?? No right? Then stop!! Oh my god!! We are going to be parents Veebee. You will be ma again. I will be baba again. WOWW!! We created that little peanut. WOWW.

Liam: Then give us treat! We want treat. 

Louis: You for sure know Lima bean how to ruin a romantic moment. Fuck off.

Vaani: Boo can you please talk to Zee, alone?? He was the one, who maybe feeling little bit guilty about the situation. It’s just my feelings, though he never said that. But I am feeling he is off. Look, how he went to his room after just seeing you in good shape.

Harry: Yes, I saw him to go. Vee, you have point. But after giving him so much speech, can he think like that??

(Ufff, why can’t he just be happy and enjoy every moment?? Why he is changing himself so much? Can’t he know, he is giving us heartache?)

Louis: Hazza, don’t worry, I will talk to him. Anyway, I need him beside me now more than ever. I missed him very much. Anyway, how are you all? And I can see two new faces. Can you please introduce them to me??

Benjamin: Hey Louis, I am Benjamin, you can call me Benji though. I am your Ben’s one and only son. And this is my mom Jessica aka Jess.

( And he starts laughing his cute laugh. We know eachother. He is very jolly and intelligent. But my doctor has to ruin our little happy moment. Yes I am having immense pain in my shoulder and broken leg, but I want them now, not some pain medication to  fell asleep next or any Doctors.)

Benedict: Hey Vee, we need to cut the call now. Doctors are here to check on him. We you call you later. You take care of yourself ok?? And go check on Zee. That boy was gone through immense pain for past some days. Okay?? Jess take care of them.

{Video call ends}

“Sorry to disturb your family reunion Mr. Tomlinson. But we are bound to check you time to time. Now can you please tell us, on scale of 1 to 10, how much pain you are getting now? And no worries, for your next request, yes they can stay here, as long as you are doing good.” The main Doctor just babbles. I guess, they see too much cases like mine, so they are used to get this questions more than any other.

“I mean yeah, am having pain. But it’s okay. I wanna go home now.” I tell them, though it comes out like a small whine. And everyone start to laugh at that. I don’t get it, why they are laughing?? I really wanna go home now. I wanna hug Frey, Veebee and Zee, and never let go of them. Zee, how much pain he got in this past 5 years. He came here to us to find a little bit of love and peace. But instead, he got pain again. I know, I can’t or rather we can’t blame Josh fully for this. I hope, he took needed steps to do justice. By the look of both of them, they are looking like together. I zoned out for some moments as doctor shakes me lightly.

“Mr. Tomlinson, we still are waiting for your answer. Then we can give you right dose of medication. If you respond well in medication, then we can release you tomorrow. But you will be on complete bed rest for next couple of weeks, till your next check up.” He tells me, his next line of actions.

“I am having moderate pain, like on scale of 10, a solid 6 or even 7. But don’t give me anything, which will make me fall asleep again. I really wanna talk to them.” Nialler and Hazza both are standing right next to my right hand side. While Other 4 are sitting on the rooms couch. Ben has this relieved smile on his face. Whilst Josh has the smile, which portrays, in how much tension he was. And other two are very happy and bubbly.

“Okay, I will not give you something that strong. Actually I am giving you right to access the regulation of pain medication dosage. If you need it, you can have it just like pushing this button on like that. Now you have to off the button as well, after taking right amount of dosage. Okay? And if you need any help, then push this bell button to call on our pagers. That’s all I have got for now. Do you have any question?” He states and next he eyes Ben to come with him, which makes Ben to follow him silently. As the other Doctors also leave the room, Rob starts his version of lectures, which is very sweet to hear. He is spitting image of me and Zee. He got mine’s sassiness and Zee’s caring nature.

“Why you did that Lou? You could have shouted and I could have avoided the accident without involving you in this mess. Why? Besides am I someone close to you? No. Then why? Something very bad could have happened. We could have lost my you. What would have happened to o Vee, then??” He has this adorable pout on his face, and his eyes are slightly watery. Nialler is as well very silently trying to control his eyes not shed  tears. While Josh and Hazza are trying to soothe them.

“Hey, hey.. now don’t cry. Did anything happened to me?? No right. Then why the two of you are crying. You know what!! I am enjoying you two’s behaviour, as it is giving my eyes pleasure. You are just looking like man child. Yo Nialler, what’s up baby!! How are Matt treating ya bro?” I smirk a little, knowing Nialler, he is going to be red like a tomato. “wooh!! What we have now!! Josh and Rob. How was it??? Mind blowing right Robby??” Bro, I just need some time to heal. I got hurt on my leg and shoulder, not in my mouth. So if they thought, I will be little bit mercy full with words, then they thought it wrong. But problem is, I can’t fully concentrate on my witty nonsense talk, as my whole brain is screaming for me to shift back my attention towards Zee.

I come back to my senses, as a certain person named Josh starts talking, “I am forever grateful to you Lou, for saving him. I don’t know, what would have I done, if something happened to him that day. I already lost my family, whom I thought was caring towards me, I could not afford that. I love him Lou. So thank you. I am forever in debt to you. But always remember I want you as my brother right next me. Vee is my sweet little sister. And everyone around her or associated with her, are my family. Don’t worry, I know I can’t pay back the debt I made to you, but I promise you, Zee gonna be okay. And I will make sure that. By hook or crook. Just don’t kick me out of your family.” I don’t even know, when he grabbed my hand in his. He is not crying, but I can see the sadness, pain, love and adoration in his eyes.

“You know what Josh, you are not in debt. Family helps family. So SHUT UP. And even better, why are you talking like a certain crazy, curly haired Hazza? You know very well, you would have done that without even wasting one second to save me. So shut it you dimwit. And where the hell Ben went. Why all of you watching me like, I am an imported perfume, showcased in a Gucci showroom??”  Believe me, Josh’s speech was great, but I can’t be all serious with them. They are my family. I bound to protect them. Besides I don’t have to tell how much I am loved by them, though I don’t have a direct link to them. I met them via Veebee.  I really wanna go home now. “What!! Why are you all looking at me?? I really wanna hear all of yours nonsense talk. Please lighten the mood. Nialler, Rob what happened to both of you?? I have pressure on me of Zee already, please you all don’t start whining now. Look I am okay. Talking to all of you. So where is the problem??”

“Can you be serious for once. We almost lost you LOUIS. Why do you think, Zee became his old self again. He loves you Lou. He thinks you the big bro, which he never had.” Hazza rants in one go. Then all four of them hug me, lightly of course. One name, Zayn Malik. And the end of my topic changing. But Hazza is right though. I just need to talk to him as soon as possible. I will  talk to him in a little bit. And it is my promise to myself, I will get back the old goofball Zee.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey all,

It's been more than 7 Days. I am sorry for late update. But I am trying to update as soon as possible. I will update on time, after taking admission in University for my Master degree. Thank you all for holding your patience with me.

Anyway this song is very meaningful to me. This song reminds me of my big brother. Again anyway, I put this song up here to create a ambiance, where you will imagine this song as the background music when "Louis and Vaani talk". 

Even better for you all, you can imagine Daniel Sharman as the Benji character. But I am still not sure if I want to add him here as the imaginary Benji (because, I  have plans obviously 🤭🤭). But just saying, for now you can imagine him.

Anyway show this book little more love. And do vote and comment. It will help me to be more enthusiastic.

Love you all,
Until next time (and hopefully in 3 days😶)
Vidisha.