Chapter: 18

Louis's P.O.V. :

I don't think Veebee is in a correct state of mind. Yes, it is correct, I saw her working on cases with her all concentration, but like this? Nope... nada... It is like, I am seeing a whole new shade of her. She is only attentive to Frey. And to others? I don't think she gives two shit about them, currently. But her this bold, and strong, completely new character is making me more attracted towards her.

Everyone including Zee, are busy parting. But she is here in balcony, standing alone, thinking. I don't know what is bothering her now? If this lasts longer, then what will happen to her health? And now, I am getting frustrated. I don't even know what to do, what to say to her? How will I help her, by only standing behind door curtain and watching her? Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to face the person. None other than Matthew. What is he doing here? He face acts me to come with him, silently.

We went to another room. He is not hesitant to say anything to anyone in general. But here, he is only staring at me. Like he has many points to present infront of me, but he doesn't know how to tell them.

"What is it Matt? You can tell me anything, I will not mind." At last, my patience breaks and due to that I ask him straight forwardly.

"Tommo, I know her for past three and half years. She came here to study and with a job in her hand simultaneously. She was pursuing her Bachelor in Science and was working as sting operation specialist in our team. So we saw her juggling and balancing both life at the same time. She is very talented and good. She knows what she is doing. Otherwise, she could not have managed to achieve this title in such a small age and time. So if you are doubting her ability, then I will suggest you not to do that." Oh. He thinks, I am doubting her work theory. But I am not.

"Matt, I really am not suspecting her work theory or anything. I am just frustrated, watching her this tensed or in mental pain. I don't know how to help her? I don't even know what point is bothering her most?"

"That I also cannot tell you, because I am also confused. I saw her once, getting this much invested in a case, while she was working as rookie. It was a case of little kid's murder. That time, she even stayed in district for three days, until we solved the case." Matt pauses for a minute, "but I can suggest you as a friend, just talk to her. Alone. As soon as possible. Apart from that, I am assuring you, we will win this cases, don't worry about cases, okay? You just focus on her. Before you came into her life, she suffered a major heartbreak and also physical torment. I don't know, whether she told you or not, there is a big case, she faced, just to save Alexa, you know." He pauses again to search any kind of knowing look. But What is he talking about? I am clueless absolutely.

"I guess you don't know. In this case, I can tell you, but it is not my story to tell. Even I am going to warn you to hear me first without interruption. Then you can know her fully. She is tough but at the same time she is sensitive, vulnerable. After this case, she stopped trusting anyone, you know. This case made her ignorant and insecure and snatched her ability to trust. *pausing*.................she used to love a person, called Shein. That time, she still was rookie and hardly 20 years. She didn't know Alexandra was also involved with that same guy. She was naive, little, jolly Indian girl. One day, a case came, about bank robbery. We all were busy. But suddenly Alexa came to know, V was next target of that robber group, as V was handling all the sting operations. She informed us, suspecting someone close of her. But we ruled that theory of Alexa as V was here all alone. We never suspected Shein. But with the progression of the case, we even started suspecting Shein. So we tried to meet him. But every plan of ours went into vein. At last, Alexa got kidnapped. Nobody was having any clue of her kidnappers. We called V to inspect Alexa's house, as between us, she was the only one who didn't enter Alexa's house, that time. You know it was her first time at Alexa's. Even it was her first crime scene investigation. She came and started searching. She found many clues, as we even didn't think those evidences as clue. We knew who Alexa's boyfriend was except V. But we didn't know who was Vaani's boyfriend. So V told us, who was the kidnapper, but she didn't even know where Alexa was. So without informing us, she followed Shein one night, with only instinct of her that she would find her. She even found her. She didn't get scared, she reached their, then informed us to come. When we reached there, it was too late to save her dignity Tommo. She was raped, infront of Alexa. By every single robber. They were exactly 12 persons. To only save Alexa. The threatened her by saying, to blow Alexa up with bomb. They tormented her body like wild animals. She fought, but what she would have done?"