Place to Stay

~~~

"Naruto! Come on!" Inari gestured them to come in. "We were just about to have dinner. You should join us." He led them inside the house.

Naruto saw Tazuna sitting on his lazy ass. Tsunami was just meter or two away from the familiar table that they had used during the C-Rank mission that went horribly wrong. Their eyes widened slightly at the sight of them.

"Ahh. . . it has been quite some time since you last were here. How long was it? 4 or 5 years ago? That seems about right, don't you think?" Tazuna said as he gestured them to sit around the table.

"Hahah. . . we just needed a place to stay for the night. The mission we were sent to is just a bit to the east of the Water Country." Naruto chuckled as he sat down with Sasuki and Neji.

"That's quite far away from Konoha. The Hokage has you 3 in quite the amount of work." Tazuna commented as Naruto nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, the length between Konoha and our destination is double the length from Konoha to Suna I think." Naruto tried sounding smart. Sasuki just shook her head.

Tsunami sat down on her chair also.

"But, what are you doing in Konoha? The last time I heard, you defected from Konoha and became a super-awesome rogue-nin." Inari asked as Naruto laughed.

"Well, the reason I'm helping Konoha is because they ar-!" Naruto started to squirm as Sasuki grabbed the side of Naruto's abdomen. Naruto looked at her with a glare.

"What the hell! I was about to explain." Sasuki gave him a glare of her own. He immediately silenced up and grumbled. Sasuki looked towards Inari.

"Don't ask him that question. He'll try and boost his ego by saying something along the lines of, "Konoha was desperate, so they decided to get me for help" which is untrue at all." Sasuki said as she let go of Naruto.

"Hah! You said it for me! Look who's the idiot now! Not me!" Naruto grinned as Sasuki had her fists clenched right up. Tsunami looked at Neji. "What's your name?" She asked Neji.

"My name is Hyuga Neji." Neji responded in a polite manner. "Ahhh. . . my name is Tsunami. You know, like that natural disaster thing." Tsunami told Neji.

He nodded as a response.

"They had quit the trouble catching me. They had to make a deal with me when I almost died." Inari widened his eyes. "How did you almost die? You get into that much trouble outside of Konoha?" Tazuna asked as a light chuckle escaped Naruto's lips.

"Long story short: I tried using an incomplete jutsu that I tried creating. I tried using it on my opponent and destroyed my body in the process." Naruto told them in a simple summary.

"You know, you shouldn't be laughing at almost killing yourself accidentally." Sasuki told him in a serious tone. Naruto smirked at the tone she had just used.

"Oh? Why do you care so much? In fact, I personally think Konoha should be grateful that I almost killed myself. It was a chance for you all to get me align with you all once more." Naruto yawned as he finished up with his food.

"I would rather have you align with Konoha much more willingly." Sasuki told him. Neji nodded in agreement. "Agreed. That is much more suited than having you forced to work with Konoha." Neji said to Naruto.