Are You?

~~~

"Afraid?" Naruto asked with a smirk as his eyes flared up into the eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. His eyes — his gaze — pierced their inner soul.

"Us? Araid? Why would we be afraid? Your village — Konoha — it's no longer the strongest out of the 5 Great Villages that rule over the Elemental Nations." Onoki told Naruto.

He was clearly angered at what Naruto just asked.

"Believe me, I know that Konoha has lost its touch over the years that have past. And how it has grown weak every day. But, without a doubt, Konoha is still indeed stronger than Iwa." Angered faces lit up as he said that.

"Take that back!" Kurotsuchi yelled from behind Onoki. She was absolutely angry at what Naruto just stated. He just raised an eyebrow at her.

"I guess anger issues really do run in the family." Naruto remarked. His eyes looked over and each of the other 3 Kage. "So, what do you say? Have you reconsidered?" Naruto asked.

Naruto could see it in their faces. They were puzzled and didn't want to agree. But, at the same time, they wanted to agree to prove this blond brat wrong.

"Oh? Is my deal that hard to be decided by you 3? I guess I really do have a knack for making things so much more. . . difficult. Hurry up, I don't have all day." Naruto looked at them.

Everyone else watched in the distance.

He's exploiting their arrogance and pride against them. Quite clever. Shikamaru thought as he observed what Naruto was trying to scheme. But it doesn't change the fact that he wants to sleep — and maybe look at clouds before sleeping.

"You're pushing your boundaries quite a bit. We are leagues above your own. Don't try and bite more than you can chew. It'll most certainly backfire on you." Enryu warned Naruto.

"I don't know you mean. I'm biting just the right amount." Naruto told Enryu. "Trying to be brave is useless. You and everyone else here knows that this plan of action is an example of overstepping boundaries. Watch what you are doing." Naruto narrowed his eyes at him.

"I think you are underestimating me quite a bit, Enryu. I may not be even half as strong as you if you even consider using that Holy Blade of yours. But, I too am quite strong myself. Don't sell my abilities shorter than it actually is." Naruto looked straight at him.

"I am no way shape or form underestimating you, Uzumaki Naruto. I have only overestimated your abilities as a ninja. And will continue to overestimate you." Naruto raised an eyebrow.

"Then, that would mean that you are overestimating her abilities as well." Naruto pointed towards Mei. An angered glare was directed towards Naruto. "You have no idea what you are talking about." Mei spat with venom.

Oh? Must've hit a sore spot. No matter, she's probably the weakest Kage that is currently active. Naruto thought as he looked back at Enryu. "How am I overestimating her?" Enryu asked angrily.

"Well, a month ago or whatever, I actually beat her to the damn ground and got her into a critical injured state. And you're saying that you overestimated me and my abilities. This also goes to her." Naruto pointed towards Mei once more.