Legend

Arc: Decades. . . (1)

~~~

It has been a week or two since then. Luckily, there were no rumors at all. Nothing spread and everything was fine and dandy. It has also been quite some time since Naruto went on another solo mission.

Naruto was currently reading a sequel to the old book that he has stored away in one of his many scrolls.

"God's Will — It was said to be produced by the 5 God(s) that oversaw human creatures. Its whereabouts is currently unknown to the public and will remain private. The true potential of the blade itself is unknown as there was only one person that could actually wield it in this current era."

Naruto raised an eyebrow at the wording of the book. The way the author was wording each word — it was like the person knew where it actually was.

"But, from the records of the past wielder — it was said that with just one technique — it can level a whole village or even more to the ground. The extent and name of this ability is out of reach and is unknown."

Naruto was at awe. A technique that can level a whole village to the ground?! Naruto doesn't know the actual size and radius of Konoha — but, if a technique can destroy that in one go with barely any effort, then the blade should for sure should not be handled by the wrong person.

This ability. . . it's almost like that one ability of the Rinnegan that Pain had. What was it? Shinra Tensei was it? Could this Rinnegan technique possibly be based off of the technique of God's Will? Maybe. Naruto thought as he looked at the book.

(A/N: Might be confused. There has only been one recorded person to wield the blade. But, there might be people in the past that wielded it but was just unrecorded or never shown it.)

He continued to read.

"One swing can destroy even the toughest metals with ease." This was to be expected for a blade that was said to be the strongest in all of history in the Elemental Nations. His eyes looked down.

"It earned the nickname: The Blade that Bends Reality — quite a fancy name. Before the era of chakra, these blades were humanity's source of destruction. One man made it clear that this blade was the strongest — the epitome of power. As you know, before the era of chakra, these blades weren't as strong as they are now."

Naruto nodded as he continued reading.

"But the man that I referenced before, was the first of the few wielders of God's Will before chakra was ever introduced. He turned the tides of war in nanoseconds. His power was undisputed because of the blade. After winning countless battles — he became a legend — a god amongst the humans. Well, these were what people referred to him as."

Naruto scoffed at the book. Was this information even legitimate and concrete? Or was the words that were being said in this book just utter bullshit? You may never know.

"Thousands of years later. Uchiha Madara tried to get his hands on all 5 of the blades before his infamous fight against the Shodaime Hokage: Senju Hashirama. He managed to get his hands on 4 out of the 5 Holy Blades. But, in the end, he was seen unfit by all 4 blades."