Once More

Arc: Rematch. . . (2)

~~~

Naruto appeared jumping from tree to tree. It had been an hour since he had left Konoha's vicinity. It was certainly quite an unfortunate day to not be sleeping on a bed.

Why me of all people? Naruto thought. He imagined himself happily sleeping on the bed as the night rolled over. It would take him around at least 5+ hours of constant jumping and running to get to his destination.

The Frost Country. Already suspicious enough. It certainly was suspicious indeed. They could have met somewhere that was somewhere in between the Fire Country and the Lightning Country.

A place where they held no particular advantage over one another. A place where both factions have equal power and authority.

But the Frost Country? That raises suspicion. Why the Frost Country of all places? That place is on the border of the Lightning Country. Which means that Kumo has every advantage.

They know the terrain best because they're next-door neighbors. This was quite a problem. Naruto has quite the hypothesis on what could potentially happen. Naruto sighed as he sensed a few people after him. 3 people to be exact.

He looked back and saw numerous kunai and shuriken being thrown at him.

They're chunin to jonin-level shinobi. Or bandits you should say. Naruto thought as landed on a tree and jumped off of it immediately. Naruto activated his 3-tomoe Sharingan.

This will be more than enough. Naruto thought as his perception on the weapons suddenly became much clearer and slower. He brought his leg up. He slowly concentrated as what he was about to do had to be dealt with precision.

He channeled chakra to his feet. Naruto channeled just enough chakra that a kunai could stick onto it. He twirled around to create momentum and suddenly poured more chakra.

This will make so that the kunai sticking to my feet will be flung towards them. Naruto thought as the kunai was shot off of his feet and sent towards his targets.

He eyed the kunai as it deflected some of the thrown weapons at him. "ARGGG!!" One of the bandits screamed in pain. The other 3 gritted their teeth in anger. Naruto dodged the rest of the thrown weapons.

"Forget about him! That person promised to pay us a wealthy amount if we kill the messenger or some shit!" One of his teammates yelled as the other 2 nodded in agreement.

"This means more money for us all." Another said. Naruto raised an eyebrow as heard them talk to amongst themselves. He gained a raised eyebrow.

So, they're getting paid to this by someone? I see, Kumo is one cunning village. Naruto thought as he recalled what he read on the scroll that held the mission details. They had 7 hours to get to the destination.

If they fail to do so, then whatever they had inside the scroll that held the message would be considered meaningless. Naruto shook his head. Kumo was scheming every chance they get.

Enryu. . . quite a cunning man you are. You've hired bandits — maybe even dangerous rogue-nins — as a way for you to bide time and have me appear later than the needed 7 hours we have. Then you can use that against us. This is considering what the possible contents are in the scroll. Also don't forget the fact that Naruto has to go to the damn. . .