The Beginning of the End

A/N: This chapter is just a way for me to introduce the final the beginning of the end of the story.

~~~

Naruto landed on the concrete ground that was in front of the house, it's almost midnight and he had gotten barely any sleep today.

Worse thing is: Naruto has to sleep on the couch tonight. Sucks doesn't it? Not being able to sleep on the most comfortable bed that Naruto has ever used in his entire life.

Second place has to be that bed in my old apartment complex. Naruto thought as his hand held the door knob. He opened the door and revealed the pitch-black darkness.

I wonder if I can sneak into the bed and hope that she forgets about the whole ordeal earlier. Naruto thought as turned on the light. He had to be very careful about not waking up Sasuki.

She'll kill me if I do. Naruto thought as he put his gear and equipment down on the floor below. He sighed silently as he walked on the floor. His feet made the floor creak.

He gritted his teeth as the noise from his feet moving from wood to wood just wouldn't want to damn subside. Naruto slowly outstretched his arm.

His hand caught the doorknob to the bathroom. Naruto cursed to himself as the door made a piercing creaky noise as he entered into the bathroom. He closed the door shut.

Naruto turned on the bathroom lights. His eyes looked around. It was quite sparkly clean. This was a true fact. Naruto stripped down his clothes as he entered the shower.

What are the chances of her waking up due to me? Likely. Naruto thought as he felt the water hit his face. His hair and body turned damp. His eyes were closed.

Naruto got out of the bathroom once he was done showering. He dried his hair as his feet once again created the sharp and creaky sound of the wood floor touching his feet. Naruto yawned slightly and quietly as he entered the living room. He turned off the lights as he made his way towards the couch.

Training had taken a lot of him out. Naruto crashed onto the couch and looked up and above towards the ceiling above him. He outstretched his hand towards the ceiling almost like he was trying to reach for something.

Naruto's thoughts soon gravitated away. He thought of the many changes that have happened. He has only been at Konoha for just over one and a half months?

Could things have gone differently? Maybe. But, that 'maybe' was only and will be just a possibility that could have happened. Naruto thought as he pondered on that thought.

Naruto wasn't afraid of a lot of things — but he was afraid of this one. I'm afraid of losing what I have with Sasuki. Maybe I could stay here? No. This village doesn't suit me. But. . . Naruto thought as he gritted his teeth against each other.

He wouldn't have worried about being in a relationship a few years ago. Now. . . not so much. Naruto sighed as his eyes slowly became heavier.

And heavier.

And heavier.

Naruto soon fell into the tranquil state that was called: Sleep. He let his body go as he tuned out of everything around him. As time went on, Naruto felt a tingling sensation on his neck.