Beyond

Arc: A Hawk's Nest... (1)

~~~

Naruto laid down on the couch. He was tired. He was thinking too much when he came up with the theory of a traitor. But the evidence at hand was more than sufficient.

"How's the eyes?" Naruto looked to his sides and saw Sasuki in her pajamas. "My eyes are fine now. Anyway, I never noticed you wear pajamas. Weird." Naruto yawned out loud.

"You're the only weird one here." She scoffed and walked to her room. Naruto shook his head before gaining a slight smile. He kind of liked the thing they had.

Their bantering he means.

Naruto closed his eyes. He needed to rest. Some may beg to differ, but he did some good work back there. Naruto yawned before drowsing off into oblivion.

~~~

Naruto woke up. It was currently early morning. His now usual and daily life in Konoha was in the midst once again. While he didn't like his current life style — it was easier to live.

Naruto had microwaved some instant cup noodles that he made for himself. He got a pair of chopsticks and slurped the noodles up. Naruto saw Sasuki walk in and sit down.

"Eating ramen everyday is unhealthy." Sasuki told him as she got her own food ready.

"Ehhh... it's fine. I'll eat it anyway." Naruto got up and walked on the wooden floor. He went towards the calendar. His eyes washed over the current date.

His eyes widened. "October 5... my birthday is getting closer. My birthday is not even a week." Naruto sighed as he felt the eyes of Sasuki on him. "Do you have a wish yet?" She asked him.

"I don't believe in wishes." Naruto said. Wishes never happened to me that's why. Naruto thought. He walked back towards the table and sat down. "But... if you wanted one wish granted — what would it be?" Sasuki asked him.

Naruto raised eyebrow before thinking. He suddenly thought of a brilliant idea.

"My wish would be: For you to create a contract with the Holy Blade." Naruto told her. "You can't be serious." She said with furrowed eyebrows.

"I am. You can try to do it. But if you can't do it, then it'll just reinforce my belief of not believing in wishes." Naruto soon finished his 2nd cup ramen noodles.

"I gotta go and train." Naruto walked out of the door. She looked at his back as he left the house and into the human world. She just shook her head in disbelief.

Me creating a contract? That'll take much longer than that. He just suddenly stopped at a realization.

He'll surely nag me about not being able to complete his wish. Now I have to do it. That little schemer; this is his way of making me train harder. If only she could see the look on Naruto's face as of right now.

It was full of mischievous intent. But in the perspective of someone like Naruto — it was the perfect way to make someone like Sasuki to work. She didn't like failing. Not one bit.

You're on. A smirk appeared on her lips as quickly finished her food.

~~~