Taste of Power

"There is no way that everyone can be happy. It's only possible that someone will be happy." – Twenty-Fifth Baam

~~~

Arc: Against a God...(1)

Naruto in front of the Hokage. He had been called to the office 10 minutes ago.

"What do you need." Naruto said as he slightly bowed. Tsunade coughed before she told him. "Enryu is now making a move. He is dispatching a group of high-tier shinobi to a scout out the edge of the Fire Country." She told him.

"And you're telling me to go there by myself?" Tsunade just shook her head.

"Of course not. There will be people with you along the way." She told Naruto. He wanted to sigh. Naruto suddenly heard the door to the Hokage office open.

Naruto looked back.

Ahh... why does one have to be her! Naruto thought as he saw Sasuki. How the hell was she always going on the same missions as him. The other two beside Sasuki were...

Lee... Shikamaru? Naruto thought. Wait. Why is it always him getting introduced to the people he is going to be teaming up with every single time?

What a drag... why do I have to be with 3 nutjobs? Shikamaru was just lazing around and watching the clouds. But that was before he got called into the Hokage office.

"I expect you 4 to finish this task." They all nodded. They all turned around and walked out of the door. Once they walked out of the door, Naruto spoke out.

"I'll see you guys at the gate." They all nodded as Naruto disappeared out of their sight.

~~~

This mission will surely go wrong. Some of the mission that I took have lately proved that a lot of things will go wrong. This mission will be no exception either. Naruto and the others were going to have to cut the scout team off before they finished their mission.

It was a race on who was the faster group of shinobi.

Naruto continued on with his thoughts as he waited for everyone.

"Naruto!!!" He turned towards the owner of the familiar voice. It was Rock Lee. He had came with the other two.

But... i'll just hope that this will go as smoothly as preferred. Naruto thought as he walked towards them. They were all ready. All 4 walked through the open gate and into the wildlife outside of Konoha.

The 4 then immediately jumped onto the tree. "What direction?" Asked Naruto.

"Left" Sasuki just simply said as they turned around towards their left. They lunged from tree to tree. Naruto felt quite unnerved. He just had an awfully bad feeling about the results of this mission.

~~~

As they got closer to the edge of the Fire Country and the Land of Steam/Hot Water, Naruto felt their chakra signatures more clearer.

Their chakra not very potent, nor does it feel strong at all. Was the information that Tsunade gave them... a lie? Surely not. But... there is always possibilities and that it was a lie. They finally reached the destination as fast as they could. The people scouting were currently taking a break.