Retrieval

~~~

Sakura bursted through Naruto's apartment. Her face was plastered with dread. She examined the room and noticed the neatness that was displayed. Everything was off.

If the person from the gate was Naruto, then this is only solidifying her current thoughts.

A note was left on the counter. Sakura scanned the note and immediately dropped it. A spark of a tear dripped down her face and onto the floor.

Her seconds of tearing snapped away when she rushed out and towards the Hokage Tower.

~~~

Shikamaru was standing in front of the Hokage: Tsunade. He was just getting promoted to the rank: Chunin.

This was just more troublesome for him. He rather not go into battle. His mind was set onto being a smartass genin for 8 years or less — less is the hopeful part.

Then he would settle done with a average girl and have average kids — lazy kids is what he wants. It will cut of his much unwanted work by many folds.

All of a sudden, Sakura busted through the wooden door. Her breathing was in panic. "Lady Tsunade! Something terrible happened!" Shikamaru and Tsunade flicked their eyes towards Sakura.

"It better not be some minor incident that you're just pampering about." She glanced at the amount of papers her sensei left for her.

"Naruto has fled the village!" It took a moment for the two to process the information. "What! You can't be serious! Not even a month ago he brought me to this village." Tsunade slammed her desk.

"This is way too troublesome. When did you see him leave?" Shikamaru sighed to this predicament. "He just left around 14 minutes ago. He couldn't have gone far yet." Sakura had a bead of sweat rolled down from her forehead.

"Shikamaru" He turned towards Tsunade.

"Yes?" He somewhat had an idea formed in his head what she wanted him to do. "Nara Shikamaru. I need you to gather 5 people to assist for this recover mission." Her tone was absolutely serious.

"They need to be people who YOU can work with and are competent enough to not mess it up." Shikamaru immediately nodded and fled to acquire his acquaintances.

~~~

Neji was currently sparring with Hinata. "Hinata-sama, you need to dodge strikes." Hinata nodded and quickly got back up. Their training was refrained however. Shikamaru got permission to enter the compound. Their eyes immediately landed on the pineapple.

"You need anything?" Asked Neji. Shikamaru nodded his head quickly. "I have been gathered to get 5 other people with me for a retrieval mission. You're one of them." Neji's eyes narrowed.

"What retrieval mission?"

Shikamaru just sighed, "Naruto has fled the village. What we need to do is retrieve him back to Konoha." Neji's eyes widened in shock.

Neji was about ask another question, but stopped since this mission was too important to aimlessly ask questions. Shikamaru nodded knowing the answer that Neji has made. Both walked over to the next person that Shikamaru had in mind.

~~~

Sasuki was currently relaying the events of the past 3 weeks or so. She was slowly warming up towards everyone. She had asked the Kakashi to give him information on Orochimaru. She kept wondering what power the snake was holding.