C-Rank?

Mini Arc: Birth of a Legend. . . (2)

~~~

Naruto was currently standing in front of the Hokage Residence with his genin team right behind them. His team was very excited for today.

"We get to go on a C-Rank mission!" Jun exclaimed loudly. "Stop being so loud. You're disturbing the people around us." Reisha told him. Jun just ignored her.

Naruto just sighed.

These kids sometimes. They're quite the handful. Naruto thought as they opened the door to the office. "We are here for our C-Rank mission that you promised us!" They barged into the room.

"Next time; you knock!" Tsunade yelled at Naruto. He just shrugged without a care in the damn world. Naruto moved towards Tsunade.

"Knocking is lame. Now, where is our C-Rank mission?" Naruto asked as he used his hands and slammed the desk that Tsunade always used. It has been there for decades.

Tsunade handed Naruto a scroll.

"I'm getting to it. Come in!" Naruto and his team turned around and saw a man come in. Naruto widened his eyes at the person as he came into the room.

"It's you!" Naruto pointed his fingers towards Yoshio. He also noticed.

"It's you!" Yoshio pointed his fingers towards Naruto. Tsunade just had an eyebrow raised for confusion. "You two know each other?" The two shrugged, having no specific answer.

"Give me an answer." Tsunade demanded with a tick mark on her forehead. "Oh, I briefly met him when he was almost. . . uh. . . died?" Yoshio had a nervous laugh.

"What?! What do you mean almost dead?" Tsunade looked at the speechless Naruto. He was just rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand. "Uhh. . . I don't know what he's talking about?" Naruto tried getting out of his terrific situation.

"Let it out, Naruto. Tell me the truth right this instant!" Tsunade gave Naruto one of her glares. "Fine, fine. During that messenger mission and its thingy — I may or may not have fought the messenger myself and almost died trying." Naruto answered s truthfully as possible.

"And why didn't you tell me this in the report?" Naruto had no reason. "Uhh. . . because it wasn't useful and very important information?" Naruto quietly backed away. Tsunade just sighed.

"Whatever, this was your fault to begin with. Your job as of right now is to escort Sato Yoshio back to his family home that resides in the Land of Hot Water. That is your mission. If there is anyone that tries and kill him, make sure they don't. Simple." Naruto nodded.

He looked back towards his team.

"Get ready and meet me at the gate of Konoha. You 3 do know where that is? Right?" Naruto asked with uncertainty. The trio nodded as they all walked out of the building. They had at least an hour and a half until they were expected to meet up.

I should probably prepare also. I didn't bring anything with me that could actually be considered significant. Naruto thought as the team dispersed and went their own separate ways.