Mid-term holiday

*Sarah's POV*

Finally, the holidays were here, and now I could relax as much as I wanted. Exams were just such a pain in the ass. I never expected it to be so challenging, but thank God, I got through it. Actually, I had to give credit to Ryan; without his help and explanations, I could never understand what the teacher rambled in the class. I was still surprised by the fact that Ryan was actually really smart and intelligent. I always thought that his friends and he didn't have any interest in studying, but I was really wrong. They just appeared to be all cool and were always playing around. I didn't know about the rest of them, but apparently Ryan always took his studies seriously. He just didn't show anyone; he seemed pretty different from the other boys in his group, but I shouldn't judge so soon without really knowing him much. He was such a handsome guy, though. When I was alone with him at his apartment and when he pulled me closer to him in the library, I could really observe him with every little detail. His face was diamond-shaped with sharp jawlines, which were sometimes covered in a 3-day stubble beard or sometimes clean-shaved. When I saw him in the hallway the other day when Laura was beaten, he had this small beard, and then only I found him really attractive. (I don't know, is it only me or other girls too find guys with beards more attractive than those who don't?) And he also had that long-pointed nose, which really complimented his face, and not to forget the most beautiful feature of his face, his eyes! His eyes had that perfect shade of blue, which sometimes can be seen as gray. It was so riveting. And he also had a tiny black mole near his lips, which really added to the wow factor of his face. He was indeed so good-looking, and his manners were also good. I quickly shook my head as I was so lost in remembering Ryan that I should really stop before I got into real trouble again.

And now it was mid-term holiday; we got 3 weeks of holidays, and I was looking for a job to get through the days because I couldn't keep on relying on my dad to finance me. If I wanted to be independent, all by myself, then I should find a job, whether it was a small one, to be able to feed myself and meet my necessities. The money I saved up from my marketing job almost all went into college fees, and with whatever was left, I managed to go at least this semester with it, and now, let's just say that I was broke. I asked dad to help at least till I got a job, and he agreed immediately since I refused to pay my college fees. But I couldn't depend on him for long; I could work, and in my free time, I would get the next semester's work started. 

Yesterday, my dad called me and said that he was able to get me a typing job like a freelancer, which I could work at home itself. Only better for me. I was so happy because who wouldn't appreciate being at home, on your bed, and working without having to get up, dressed, and stressed to go into that traffic and be able to reach the office on time? Oh God, too much work. And now it was the best for me. Dad said I could start whenever I wanted; I would just have to call his friend and inform him when I was willing to start the work. And I was thinking that I should give him a call today; the sooner I started the job, the better it was for me. In the afternoon, I gave my dad's friend a call, and he explained to me how to work and how everything operated. After the call, he sent me emails about work, and I started doing it. After hours of working, I found my eyes swollen from fixing the screen for so long, so I closed the laptop, went to make coffee, and sat in the living room while admiring the view outside. I heard my phone ringing. I got up and saw it was from mom. I talked to her for a bit, and she told me good news: Mary was pregnant. I was so happy for her! Hanging up from the call, I went and sat back on the sofa, thinking about Mary. And now, obviously, my mind wandered to places where I didn't want to go back, but I couldn't help it. I was thinking about Mary's wedding, everything that had taken place, and what had happened as well. My thoughts then went back to that moment when I came back from Miami and found out about the biggest shock of my life. I was devastated when I found out that Aaron was engaged to the girl he slept with. I couldn't believe that in such a short amount of time, he forgot everything and moved on to direct engagement. When I was with him, I seriously thought that we would end up together no matter what, but thanks to him, I was able to be proven wrong and brought back to reality rather than living in such a fantasy. I was so stupid at that time to believe everything he said to me; he played me so well. It took me a lot of time to be okay with the fact that he was now engaged and happy, and now, after a year, it didn't affect me that much anymore. It did hurt sometimes, but I learned to accept it and moved on from it because not all the people you met were meant to be in your life. They came as a lesson!

Later at night, while I was reading, I started receiving a few text messages from an unknown number. At first, I ignored it as it was filled with lots of compliments for a girl. I thought maybe someone had missed a number. But when a text came with my name, I instantly figured out that this person knew me, and when I replied back, asking who it was, And guess who it actually was or eventually had to be?

A/N:

Hello lovelies,

How are you all today? So who do you think might be the one texting Sarah? I think it's quite obvious for you all to be able to figure it out. Let me know what you think of this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all!